Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by ChrisHibler
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 45 days ago

I have a Bally Star Trek with some issues, including an MPU board with the solid LED which won't reset.

Are there any people who offer repair services for these boards still?
I'd like to use the original boards rather than a complete upgrade if possible.

#2 45 days ago

better off buying a rottendog and throwing it in there and be done with it. cost you $75-100 to have it fixed. new one is not much more.

#4 45 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

better off buying a rottendog and throwing it in there and be done with it. cost you $75-100 to have it fixed. new one is not much more.

I would agree, especially if it has corrosion issues. Unless you can fix it yourself it’s probably not worth it.

#5 44 days ago

A Locked on Led is the most difficult to fix MPU problem. If the board has battery acid damage it's going to be toast. NVRAM.weebly has a less expensive replacement MPU available,
https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

#6 44 days ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

A Locked on Led is the most difficult to fix MPU problem. If the board has battery acid damage it's going to be toast. NVRAM.weebly has a less expensive replacement MPU available,
https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

Another vote for Weebly products, though battery damage not a death sentence if you can do the work yourself depending on the extent of the damage. If you have to send it out though, just replace with new for $155 bucks.

#7 43 days ago

And another vote for Weebly

#8 43 days ago

Clive at The Coin Op Cauldron does great board work. Used a number of times and never disappointed. Great communication as well

G

#9 42 days ago

I always use weebly. Why deal with corrosion and flaky sockets.

#10 42 days ago
Quoted from xizor:

I have a Bally Star Trek with some issues, including an MPU board with the solid LED which won't reset.

Post a picture of your board please. Everyone is assuming there is battery damage.

#11 42 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

There is no Rottendog board available for old Solid State games, thank god!

#12 42 days ago
Quoted from xizor:

Yes, but I would not go that route. Weebly is the way to go.

It will take considerable turnaround time to get repaired. If it's not damaged AND you don't care how long it takes AND you are willing to pay at least $50-$100 to have it repaired, I guess it could make sense. But what do you do in 6 months when the board breaks down again?

#13 42 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

But what do you do in 6 months when the board breaks down again?

Yep, this was my issue with a solenoid board. I fix one thing and another part goes bad. I did this two more times, all minor fixes but still frustrating. Finally replaced with an Alltek board. No issues since. Fixed the original board again and kept for a backup.

#14 42 days ago

$200 for a new Alltek. Fast. They work.
$100 or so for repair, about $125 to do it right.
Headers, Sockets, Fix what is wrong with it. Will last as long as it has since the game was manufactured.
Assuming no alkaline corrosion, not bad to repair. LMK if I can help.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside