(Topic ID: 116454)

Bally MPU Locked On LED - been testing and stuck

By parkway

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

T/S = troubleshoot, I'm guessing

I've given up on the Bally/Stern reset circuitry. I've just had too many of them that failed to reset reliably on the bench and, more importantly, in the game. I now use Dallas reset ICs on my boards and have had great success.

Chris knows my frustration first-hand as he went to power up my Quicksilver at Expo last year and it took a few tries before it finally reset. Now with a Dallas IC it resets every time.

#23 9 years ago

I bought these as I either couldn't find stock or a good price on the part in Clay's write up (not realizing that GPE carries an alternative.)

ebay.com link: itm

Ed's part is here:
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MCP130-460DI%2FTO

The main difference between the two is the pinout and the reset delay. Either will work and you end up removing a bunch of components from the circuit. I think you really only have to remove about a half dozen components to isolate the "new" reset circuit from the "old" circuit, but there will be many more unused components you can remove if you want.

10 months later
#33 8 years ago

First thing I check is reset circuit by shorting CPU pins 39 and 40 together. If that doesn't work then I move on to ROMs and such.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mpu-locked-on-led-been-testing-and-stuck?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.