Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Client's Xenon won't retain Sound Option (#18) after a power cycle. It defaults back to 05, which isn't even a valid option.

Other settings, like number of balls and etc. are retained.

Am I overlooking a factory reset option? Writing the new value should do the trick.

#2 1 year ago

Sounds like the RAM is not being retained or you have gibberish stored in that memory location. Try resetting the sound store location to 0 using the red reset button on the mpu or trip the right coin switch. Then program to 03. Also make sure your battery backup is working, or even better, install an NVRAM and ditch any on-board batteries.

#3 1 year ago

Other RAM settings are being retained. Resetting the sound option to 0 only lasts until the next power cycle.

#4 1 year ago

If you are using batteries, I'd check voltage first and if it's good, I'd suspect the 5101 or the socket. If NVRAM, socket or bad NVRAM is what I'd be thinking initially.

#5 1 year ago

I've seen bad 5101 corrupt just one audit (that i noticed). It always corrupted to the same audit to the same weird number too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mpu-as-2518-35-xenon-forgets-sound-setting-retains-others and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.