Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by BlackCatBone
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC04127 (2) (resized).JPG
    DSC04126 (2) (resized).JPG
    DSC04125 (2) (resized).JPG
    DSC04117 (3) (resized).JPG
    DSC04119 (2) (resized).JPG
    DSC04120 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_0966 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0964 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0963 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
    DSC04107 (resized).JPG
    DSC04106 (resized).JPG
    DSC04059 (resized).JPG
    DSC04108 (resized).JPG
    DSC04058 (resized).JPG
    100_2586 (resized).JPG

#1 61 days ago

I trying to find out what options I have to repair a Score Motor
    on a 1960 Bally Ball Park-- Base Ball game.

The motor is mounted on the back door with a casing that the one end of the armature goes into the casing with a gear on it.
    The casing is ok the winding on the motor is shot don't know about the armature,

Does anyone no where to get a motor or who can repair ??
    Hate to let the game go to the waste side

100_2586 (resized).JPG
    #2 61 days ago

Check with Pinball Resource.

LTG : )

#3 61 days ago

Do you have a part number for the motor or at least a photo? Is it a 50v or 110v motor? Considering it's a Bally, I imagine it's a motor that was also used in Bally's many bingo games of the same era. The bingo motors show up on eBay regularly. If you only need to replace the stator (the winding part), probably any motor with the identical voltage (50 or 110) would be OK. You could pop the stator off a replacement motor and install it on your Ball Park. That way you wouldn't have to worry about differing gear ratios. But a photo would be a great thing to post, and a part number if you have the user manual and it lists the motor.

Sweet looking game, by the way!

#4 60 days ago

Thanks I tried PPR no luck there.
    I'll have to get the number of the motor I believe it is a 50V motor,
    Plus some pics of the motor then post.
    Thanks Bill N.S.

1 month later
    #5 11 days ago

DSC04058 (resized).JPGDSC04059 (resized).JPGDSC04106 (resized).JPGDSC04107 (resized).JPGDSC04108 (resized).JPG

Motor 119-232
    Looking for a Coil for this game or another motor or someone who could possibly repair it?

The Coil for the motor is 50V. which is shorted.
    If you zoom in on the first pic. you can see how the parts that are on the armature seem to come out of the casing hole.

The armature picture with the parts on it from left to right--- Nylon gear which is in good shape and turns the gear box by hand are a oil ring some kind of a spring washer a small spring that rides on the shaft a nylon spacer and a flat washer that does not insert into gear box hole.
    The blk. spring washer does fit into gear box opening but is lose is this suppose to be lock in or is the opening wore out?

Thanks for your knowledge or any help provided.

#6 11 days ago

ebay.com link: itm

This may work...

I'm going to my favorite part house (used machines) next weekend. I will dig through some old Ballys.

#7 11 days ago

You might also want to post a photo and question on the bingo forum

Quoted from TwinDavid:

This may work...
    I'm going to my favorite part house (used machines) next weekend. I will dig through some old Ballys.

That one appears to be a 110v motor from a Bally bingo. I'd post your photos in the bingo forum and ask what stator/coil assemblies would be interchangeable with your E-119-232 motor. (This all assumes that the stator/coil assembly is dead but the gearbox is working OK.) You'll get good answers there. Here's an example of a 50v Bally motor from a later game (judging from the higher part number):

#8 10 days ago

Sounds great TwinDavid hope to get lucky?

Thanks for posting Blk Cat Bone
    I have the schematic and it reads 50V. Thanks will see if someone can help?

Crazy to think no one gets involved with remaking or repairing these Bally motors.
    Hopefully something works out hate to junk the game.

#9 7 days ago

This may be slightly useful. I’ve added dimensions (in inches) to photos of the 50v shutter motor from a 1956 Bally Night Club. The dimensions might be useful in advancing or discrediting my theory that Bally 50v motors were similar in dimensions. The one thing that concerns me is that your motor appears to be driving 11 cams while my motor only has 6 cams. Your stator looks thicker than mine, and that may be due to the additional cams. Ideally, you would be able to get another 50v motor, remove the stator/coil and mount it to your gear box, reusing the armature from your dead motor. You could also just get a 50v motor and mount it to the score unit shaft and not worry about possible RPM differences between it and your original motor. If it’s the difference between a running game or nothing, it may be worth a shot. One final possibility is tapping the coil out of the stator if you’ve got those “jigsaw puzzle” tabs holding your coil in place. I’ve never heard of anyone doing it. I'd also recommend asking the experts in the bingo forum for advice.

IMG_0962 (resized).jpegIMG_0963 (resized).jpegIMG_0964 (resized).jpegIMG_0966 (resized).jpeg
    #10 7 days ago

Thanks so much I don't have a mic to measure.
    I take some pictures of the coil and do my best with a ruler.

to me it looks close.

#11 7 days ago

I used calipers to get those measurements; that's why the decimal places.

#12 6 days ago

BlackCatBone,
    Very well done neatly and accurately.

I appreciate the time spent on helping out and also the
    time spent on the measurements and the photo shop.

Here's a few pictures I'll try my best.
    Harbor Freight might have a caliper if this doesn't seem to give you and idea on the measurements?

DSC04117 (3) (resized).JPGDSC04119 (2) (resized).JPGDSC04120 (2) (resized).JPGDSC04125 (2) (resized).JPGDSC04126 (2) (resized).JPGDSC04127 (2) (resized).JPG
    #13 4 days ago

It looks like your 1960 stator is thicker than the one from my 1956 Night Club. I count 18 individual plates in my stator’s cross section. I believe your count will be higher, and you can easily check this. I recommend contacting Joe Shope (bingo55joe@hotmail.com), a Bally bingo collector and restorer who bought out the parts inventory of multiple operators. I’d tell him you have a 50v baseball game motor, providing him with the diameter of your cam shaft and the thickness of the stator, both in “plate count” and inches. Joe will be able to tell you if he can provide an equivalent motor. Providing a link to the thread would also be helpful. Joe’s got deep knowledge and is a nice and helpful guy.

#14 2 days ago

Thank you for the information I'll contact Joe and see what he can offer.
    Then post back the results when something comes alive.

#15 1 day ago

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside