Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Chrisbee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm working on a Monte Carlo and having issues getting a game to start. The part that's puzzling me is a set if make/break switches on Cam 1. That's the cam nearest the motor. In fact, all switches on that cam are opposite of what it shows in the schematic.

I'm wondering if that cam has somehow rotated out of position. Could someone with this game take a picture of that cam and the wiring on the top switch? I can't get the credit relay to energize because the cam switch is open.

#2 9 years ago

Anyone with a Monte Carlo able to help by getting a picture of the score motor at home position?

#3 8 years ago

No, but are the switches in index position?
Meaning: the switches should be in rest position (index), there is a switch that "helps" the motor to this position.
Mostly the one on the top, and is a n.o. in index position, it is located on the first cam nearest to the motor.
9 times out of 10 this helps to get most of the functions working (as a starting point!)

#4 8 years ago

I Have a Monte Carlo, can send you a pic. But first Dinner!!

#5 8 years ago

Sorry. I finally got this one figured out.

The top switch E on cam 1 is the make/break switch that turns off the score motor when it rotates 180 degrees and opens when it hits the index position. Between the make/break switch and the common yellow wire are the coin door chute switches on the coin door. It was these chute switches that weren't connected. Therefore the only time the score motor turned was when the outhole relay closed, reset relay closed, etc.

Long story short, it was the coin chute switches causing the problem. Connected those into the circuit and works perfectly.

#6 8 years ago

Cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-monty-carlo-score-motor-cam-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.