• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2018-12-03-19-08-49 (resized).png
Screenshot_2018-12-03-19-07-39 (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Anyone ever swapped the PFs between these two machines? Same PF with same features, but different connectors. I figured the differences would be in cab and back box for the 1p vs 4p. Screen shots of schematics attached (O&E left/top with the 12 bank far right, MC right/bottom with 14 bank). Rewiring inside the can is not an option - don't want to draw new schematics. I've added more details about this project below for those interested.

I've been working on a Bally #MonteCarlo for about a year as my first major project machine. It was in terrible shape when I got it, but it's really coming along. The PF has heavy wear and I've gone back and forth on weather I should attempt to restore it myself. A lot of machines and parts came up recently which included #OddsandEvens and a couple other machines I wanted, so I grabbed it up.

The O&E cabinet is beat to heck and someone even painted one whole side white. PF has normal wear, significantly better condition than MC. Figured I'd swap it out - of course then I look closer and realize the connectors are not the same, they are close though. This only surprises me because there are no different features on the PFs (that I have found yet). MC has 2 extra connections running to PF.

I've spent about thirty minutes studying the schematics, but thought I'd ask here if anyone's ever made this swap or for suggestions on how to approach this. The first thing that comes to mind is just swap all parts to other PF, but the parts on OE PF are in much better shape. Suggestions on how to approach this? I'd love to know what these extra wires are, but short have no clue where to start since wire colors can be different (MC is 4P, therefore needs more wire numbers).

Screenshot_2018-12-03-19-07-39 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-12-03-19-07-39 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-12-03-19-08-49 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-12-03-19-08-49 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#2 5 years ago

I don't think you want to attempt this? Game play is not identical between the two versions.

Monte Carlo = Numbers earned reset at end of every ball.
Odds & Evens = Numbers earned carry over from ball to ball, do not reset until start of next game.
Monte Carlo = Outhole has bonus score based on how many numbers got lit up in bottom area of playfield.
Odds & Evens = No outhole bonus score.
Monte Carlo = Has Same Player Shoots Again relay and lower playfield insert.
Odds & Evens = Doesn't have or need SPSA.
Monte Carlo = Upper gate can open without lighting the nearby Special light. Upper gate w/l insert and Special insert are separate things to earn.
Odds & Evens = Upper gate has only one insert. Gate only opens when Special w/l lamp becomes lit.

Think of the cabling, relays, motor functions, relay resets, etc. involved in these differences.

#3 5 years ago

Like IPDB said, there are a number of differences to work out. Check out this recent thread, it has a few bits of information and you might want to check with the OP Jahkub who has a Monte Carlo with a Odds & Evens playfield in it and has been working on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/correct-wiring-for-gates-on-73-bally-monte-carlo#post-4742239

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-monte-carlo-odds-amp-evens-pf-swap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.