4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0304201651 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I am still having a problem with the ball count unit reset solenoid not getting power to reset after the third ball. Should the coin relay energize as soon as that ball drops? I am going by the following drawing

0304201651 (resized).jpg0304201651 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenanderson0215:

I am still having a problem with the ball count unit reset solenoid not getting power to reset after the third ball. Should the coin relay energize as soon as that ball drops? I am going by the following drawing[quoted image]

The Coin relay and Ball Count reset solenoid should only activate at the beginning of a game.

#3 4 years ago

So when and how does the ball count reset solenoid get power to energize?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The Coin relay and Ball Count reset solenoid should only activate at the beginning of a game.

So when and how does the ball count reset solenoid get power to energize?

You're welcome.
For details, see step 2D on Sheet 3 of the manual
https://www.ipdb.org/files/1621/Bally_1973_Monte_Carlo_Installation_and_General_Game_Operating_Instructions_OCR_searchable.pdf

#5 4 years ago

Thank you for the help. It looks like my game is having a problem on sheet 4 paragraph 1d. When the third ball drops, the ball count solenoid goes crazy until I push down the reset solenoid.

#6 4 years ago

When the third ball drops, the ball count solenoid goes crazy

Is that the Ball Count Reset solenoid or the Ball Count Step Up solenoid?

until I push down the reset solenoid.

You mean the Reset relay, right?

#7 4 years ago

If I push the reset relay over, or just push down the ball count reset solenoid, the ball count solenoid stops chattering back and forth.

#8 4 years ago

Is the game going to Game Over condition after the third ball drains?

I am presuming it is set for a 3 ball game.

1 week later
#9 4 years ago

Sorry it has been so long for me to reply, but things have been a little crazy. Anyway I found a used ball count unit on eBay and swapped it out. The new ball count unit fixed my chattering problem, but now once the first ball drops, the whole game resets to ball one. I am so close, it has to be something so simple.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-monte-carlo-ball-count-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.