• Latest reply 2 years ago by vec-tor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210107_062132 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Anybody know where I can get them? Just a hair over 1.5 inches(All but 1-3/4 if you include the head). I bought every wood screw Marco has that was close and still too short and the heads are too small. I am restoring a Bally Zip A doo and some of the playfield was partially disassembled when I got it and the parts in a box and some of the screws were missing.

20210107_062132 (resized).jpg20210107_062132 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Go over to the seeking em parts thread.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from tcape61:

Anybody know where I can get them? Just a hair over 1.5 inches(All but 1-3/4 if you include the head). I bought every wood screw Marco has that was close and still too short and the heads are too small. I am restoring a Bally Zip A doo and some of the playfield was partially disassembled when I got it and the parts in a box and some of the screws were missing.[quoted image]

I see you are in Hanover. I use York Screw and Fastner in York for all my stainless hardware. They have everything you will need. There are some unique screw heads on certain Bally machines you will not be able to easily find as new replacements. But all standard stuff is available from YS&F. You can buy 1 or 100. Washers, machine screws, wood screw, etc.

PM me if you have any questions.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it, I will check out YS&F, sounds promising and then go from there.

Tony

#6 3 years ago

I think those screws were 1-5/8" long.

#7 3 years ago

Bolt depot

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I think those screws were 1-5/8" long.

Wow, your avatar/name is one I've seen in the 16mm film forums. I have rotating hobbies too!
I just sold 6 RCA 400s to to Sam E. Misshula, you may know him from New York, he rebuilds them.

And yes the screws are 1-5/8"

#9 3 years ago

I have never met Sam, but I do know of him and his projector repairs.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I have never met Sam, but I do know of him and his projector repairs.

I've had many phone conversations with Sam over the last several weeks he is quite a character, and I mean that in a good way.

He is going to help me rebuild my PG201 whenever I get around to it as well as help me with rebuilding my 400/MI1338.

#11 3 years ago

The PG-201 is the predesesor to the 400 series.

1 year later
#12 2 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but I'm flying a little blind so hopefully you can help.
I have a 1964 Bally Grand Tour and I need all new screws for the Playfield.
Since I don't have any originals, I was hoping some could tell me the thread size (#4, 6, #8, etc).
Based on your thread here I see the post screws are 1 and 5/8 length, but still don't know the thread.
Also would love to have all the information on the screws for the plastics if you have it please.
Thank you kindly.

#13 2 years ago

Posts are normally #6 size with length xxx
Phillips round head
switch screws are normally #5 with length xxx

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Posts are normally #6 size with length xxx
Phillips round head
switch screws are normally #5 with length xxx

What about the screws for the plastics?
I'm guessing those would be #5 as well?
Also, since I don't have any of the screws, do you know the length of everything except for the Post screws (I know the post screws are 1 and 5/8 in).

Thanks again!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from lma574:

What about the screws for the plastics?

What part of the plastics?
1970's side screws are Phillips truss head size #6 wood screws length xxx.
"C" clamp harness are Phillips truss head size #8 wood screws length xxx.

Quoted from lma574:

1964 Bally Grand Tour

On this game, the plastic "horse shoe " artwork plastic and all low level ball guide style
plastics are using the Phillips round head size #6 wood screws length xxx.
The extra tall mounted plastics and ball guides are a Phillips washer head size #6 length xxx.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mid-60s-early-70s-post-wood-screws?hl=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.