(Topic ID: 172578)

Bally Medusa: How to get the Extra Ball?

By Arcane

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Arcane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have owned a Medusa for quite a while and pretty much tried all the tricks that the machine has to offer, including the extended time.
However, there is something that I have never been able to do: Get an extra Ball.

Medusa invites me to strike a particular number to get the extra ball, but I am at a loss on what you need to do to get it.
Any help would be welcome.

Yves

#2 7 years ago

Read the manual. There are different ways but some need to have the dip switches set to award either Game or EB or Score.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1565/Bally_1981_Medusa_Manual.pdf

Page 6 section C - Olympus Bonus - This depends on what special is set to award.

Page 7 section G - Extra Ball Feature

Page 7 section K - Special - Replay/EB/Novelty settings

#3 7 years ago

You need to complete the drop targets on the right..and the standup targets on the left. When you complete each set..the 'timer' (0-9) will stop on a number (in the middle of the PF). You then need to complete the 'other' set and match the 2 numbers

Basically it a timing thing. It seems the drops are easier to hit. So if I were attempting an extra ball..I would probably start with the standups on the left and complete those and lock in that number. Then try to time the last drop target to match that locked number

#4 7 years ago

On the play field is a display with numbers that cycle thru. When you complete either set of 3 targets the number on that side of play field will stop, now you need to complete other set making last target as the number from that side stops on same number you finished other side on.

#5 7 years ago

It is not easy obviously. I will try to remove the glass and play with my fingers to see if I can figure out how to get that Extra Ball.
It is not really a necessity to win a game, but I'd like to know how to fully use my machine.

Thanks
Yves

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

£ 195.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-medusa-how-to-get-the-extra-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.