(Topic ID: 231314)

Bally Mata Hari: drop targets drop on reset issue (video)

By Edenecho

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi!
I have gotten new drop targets for my mata hari earlier, and now after a while I have started getting issues with some of them when they are reset. it is not always the same target, sometimes one, sometimes several. I tried to look from top down when resetting, and it seems like the targets affected, when resetting they are not 100 %aligned with the others. Its like some mm off. Now I dont know what may cause this, do people have any idea?

Here is a video of it happening:

Thanks for all help!

#2 5 years ago

There's a whole list of things that can be causing drop targets to drop when resetting. Among them: Weak Spring; Arm that pushes up has divots worn into it; gummed up reset actuator' Lip edge on targets are not sharp.

There's several threads out there about drop targets "bricking". Those threads may also give you some insight. Based on what I see from the video, I would go with weak springs and/or worn drop targets.

#3 5 years ago

The tracks the metal drop target arms run in could be worn too.

#4 5 years ago

Not part of the problem, but Mata Haris originally came with "tombstone" drop targets.

#5 5 years ago

thats a really bad angle. I really can't tell what is happening.
Can you post a video of the mechanism under the playfield. Put the game in self test and video the target assembly from the coil side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
$ 199.95
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mata-hari-drop-targets-drop-on-reset-issue-video?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.