• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Consti
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello everyone,
I finally got everything working on my pin buuuut there still is the "player 3 issue".
Though player 1,2 and 4 count their points how they should, player three "randomly" (or rather saying about each third time) counts 100 points, although only a 10 point target is hit. I already checked the contacts of the scoring wheels and they look fine. I tried to simulate the error to see which relay switches (faulty) but until now I couldn't find anything suspicious.

Hence I couldn't find anything using the search function - does anyone have a clue which parts I should pay attention to?
Or - in case this is a typical/ 1000times discussed fault tell me which keywords I must use to find the corresponding thread?

Many thanks for your help

Best
Constantin

#2 6 years ago

Does the 100 points randomly score when it's only in the 3rd player up mode? Or will 100 points be randomly scored on the 3rd player when the game is on say the 1st player up mode? I'd first check all the switches that send power to the 100 point relay coil. Check the following:

Left alley relay switch - switch with yellow wire and gray wire
Advance bonus relay switch - switch with yellow wire and gray wire
Right out roll over switch - switch with yellow wire and gray wire
Left out roll over switch - switch with yellow wire and gray wire
Right top lane roll over switch - switch with yellow wire and gray wire
Left top lane roll over switch - switch with yellow wire and gray wire

Make sure all these switches are adjusted properly...

Also check the 9th position switches on all of the 10 point score reels. Make sure these 9th position switches are adjusted properly. And check the wires at the switch stacks for wires and wire lugs that might be shorting out...

#3 6 years ago

Hi Fred,
sorry for my bad description. It actually is the first scenario - 100 points are "randomly" counted on player's 3 scoring reel. "Randomly", because there seems to be a correlation between the position of the 00-90 unit and the 100 scoring reel of player 3.

I'm gonna check all switches once I'm back home - thanks a lot for your procedure.

Best
Constantin

#4 6 years ago

That actually was much easier than I thought. Thanks to your description I got a better understanding how to read the schematic. In the end it was the end of stroke switch of player 3, 10 point reel, which was adjusted to closely. Finally I got my pin fully working. Thank you so much !!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mariner-player-3-randomly-adds-points and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.