• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Help.jpg
Mariner-coil.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hello. I've had a Bally Mariner now for a few years. It has always worked perfectly. Recently we brought the game over to my brother-in-law's house and of course, something was wrong when we re-assembled it at his home.

The new issue is that one of the coils on the top center reel "coin unit" (aka stepup/reset or total reset) is locked. Everything on the machine works fine, but we immediately noticed the louder than normal buzz and smell of the coil heating up. I attached a picture of the coil in question.

Because of the timing and not having any tools with me, I couldn't really troubleshoot much while I was there. I am hoping somebody can tell me what the cause would be. I would love to fix this so his family can enjoy this machine! I don't know what exactly makes the coin unit cycle. Hopefully it is a simple fix.

Thanks ahead of time for any help or advice you can throw my way!

Mariner-coil.jpgMariner-coil.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Check your coin switches inside the coin door?

#3 11 years ago

Thanks for your comment. I was thinking it might be the coin switch too. The game is currently a couple hours away from me. I want to get opinions so I have the right tools/parts to fix it once, instead of making multiple trips.

#4 11 years ago

If that coil is the Con Unit SU coil. If it is any switching then the total play meter would also be locked. Note this schematic is not your machine, but will be very much the same.

Help.jpgHelp.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mariner-coil-locked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.