Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG0278 (resized).jpg
5J5A9318 (resized).JPG
5J5A9322 (resized).JPG
IMG_0756 (resized).jpg
IMG_1098 (resized).jpg
IMG_1304 (resized).jpg
IMG_0911 (resized).jpg
IMG_1995 (resized).jpg
IMG_1990 (resized).jpg
IMG_1986 (resized).jpg
IMG_1985 (resized).jpg
IMG_1981 (resized).jpg
IMG_3969 (resized).JPG

#1 33 days ago

As I dive deeper into the pinball hobby I am gaining a growing appreciation for the early 80s/late 70s Solid State games.

I love a game with crazy ramps, video, modes, and a bunch of toys but sometimes spinners, drop targets, kick-outs, and pop bumpers can win the day. The original artwork is great to look at too -- I can lose track of time just looking at a game taking in all the details.

My first Bally was Flash Gordon -- I've since regretted selling but have a Paragon and Fathom to help fill the void.

Post pictures, repair tips, parts sources, etc. for these Classic Ballys here!

IMG_3969 (resized).JPG

#5 33 days ago

I hear ya. Perhaps they are too similar. Given the early Stern specific thread (also covered in above thread) I thought I'd try to focus on Bally only, but I get it.

#6 33 days ago

1977-1980 is my favorite Bally era.... Bally just seems to have had the best BG art, PF art, & definitely cabinet art of all the manufacturers at that time. To me they are the "Cadillac" of pinball machines from that era. I love my Sterns, but when you work on a Stern when used to working on Bally's it's pretty obvious how "cheesy" some of their stuff was in comparison, same feeling I get with Gottlieb of that era.

This is what I call "Bally Row" at the back of my pinball room. These are my 9 current Bally early SS's. Rest of my games are Sterns & 1 Williams.

Ground Shaker, Playboy, Silverball, & Evel Knievel have all been gone through pretty thoroughly. The other 5 are awaiting cabinet jobs, but play fine.

Ground Shaker has a CPR PF
Playboy has a clear coated overlay
Silverball has a clear coated overlay
Evel Knievel has an NOS PF
Mata Hari has original PF soon getting a Hardtop
SuperSonic has Clear coated overlay
Six Million Dollar Man has Clear coated factory PF
Night Rider has original PF
Paragon has original PF awaiting a CPR.

IMG_0756 (resized).jpgIMG_0911 (resized).jpgIMG_1098 (resized).jpgIMG_1304 (resized).jpgIMG_1981 (resized).jpgIMG_1985 (resized).jpgIMG_1986 (resized).jpgIMG_1990 (resized).jpgIMG_1995 (resized).jpg
#7 33 days ago

weatherbymag -- Your games are stunning -- Fantastic Collection!

#8 33 days ago

I have worked on hundreds of early Bally electronic pins. 1977 - 1982 are my favorites. I started buying pick up truck loads of projects (5 - 7). Junk the worst to get better games going. I sell everyone I get, since they usually come back for service down the road. I miss Paragon #1001, which sold to a guy in Ottawa. Had 2 Spectrum pins, 1 in a fire, & I junked both after dropping a perfect glass. Right now I am fixing up my Silverball Mania out on location, & trying to piece together another one. Been at the hobby/business over 20 years now.

#9 32 days ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I hear ya. Perhaps they are too similar. Given the early Stern specific thread (also covered in above thread) I thought I'd try to focus on Bally only, but I get it.

S’OK... I’ll be following both

Just letting newbies know where they can also find more info on their systems.

#10 29 days ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

Night Rider has original PF

I really need a few pics of the underside of the playfield, at the lower pop bumper.

Somehow during my re-theming of the playfield, a couple of wires got broken loose...and of course, of the 100 pics I took, I can't fine that one.

If you can help me out I'd appreciate it immensely.

Thanks.

Robert

#11 29 days ago

Two of my favorite games are Mr.Ms. Pac-Man and Elektra. I think I have owned close to 20 early Bally machines in the last 15 years.

#12 29 days ago

Please close this so we dont have to follow two bally threads

3 weeks later
#13 4 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Please close this so we dont have to follow two bally threads

Recently acquired a Bally Mystic. Not a game that was on the wish list but so far I like what it has to offer. Spent a good couple hours playing over the weekend.

5J5A9322 (resized).JPG

5J5A9318 (resized).JPG

A couple games within the game -- almost like going for several modes at once.

1. Collect Stars (four on the playfield) for points, extra balls, or credits
2. Captured Ball awards points, multipliers, and credits
3/4. Light eyes or pyramids on the card by hitting drop targets -- light them in a row (or the entire card) to increase bonus scores.

Plus there are two spinners and the kickout for a little variety. Surprised this game is not more popular. . .

#14 4 days ago

This game looks sweet!

#15 4 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

This game looks sweet!

That game is sweet.

IMAG0278 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wheaton, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cincinnati, OH
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.00
$ 159.00
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 157.00
$ 10.00
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside