poke (resized).jpg
Glue (resized).jpg
cut (resized).jpg
break (resized).jpg
Block (resized).jpg
Shooterlane2 (resized).jpg
Shooterlane1 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Very impressive. Nice job.

1 month later
#52 7 years ago

Wow. You are a very industrious person. I thought you had destroyed that pf many times and you brought it back. That game is lucky to be alive.

GOOD JOB

1 week later
#53 7 years ago

Thanks, Still a work in progress but at least the kids can play it now without risk of bits falling off.

Next job is to make some 2.5" flippers. With the 2" on its SDTM heaven and with 3" it can catch the ball and jam up.

3 months later
#54 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm a newbie as well and reading your post a few months back both inspired and terrified me! And I'm happy to say that my experience has been similar in slightly different ways. I'm at the point now where my first three BEAUTIFULLY airbrushed layers now have to be completely redone due to a reaction with my clear, which resulted in damage to another color while I tried to fix it, and ultimately just facing the reality that I just need to start over.

These restorations are excruciating! But thanks for sharing your story, helps me to realize that this is the way it goes!

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from quinntopia:

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm a newbie as well and reading your post a few months back both inspired and terrified me! And I'm happy to say that my experience has been similar in slightly different ways. I'm at the point now where my first three BEAUTIFULLY airbrushed layers now have to be completely redone due to a reaction with my clear, which resulted in damage to another color while I tried to fix it, and ultimately just facing the reality that I just need to start over.
These restorations are excruciating! But thanks for sharing your story, helps me to realize that this is the way it goes!

Ouch, I feel for you.

The unknown history of a playfield combined with lack of skills / ability makes for an interesting journey. Stick with it.
I found that each time I had to re-do something the process got quicker as my confidence grew.

The only thing I would probably change about this adventure is I would get a layer of clearcoat applied before attempting anything so I had a point I could rewind to.

2 months later
#56 6 years ago

Moonbus, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule (family, work and hobby) to share so much of your restoration experience. I am so very impressed with your dedication. This is an inspiration to the new pinball owners looking to make an old machine new again. Thank you!

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Moonbus, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule (family, work and hobby) to share so much of your restoration experience. I am so very impressed with your dedication. This is an inspiration to the new pinball owners looking to make an old machine new again. Thank you!

Thank you.

The game as a whole is far from finished. The playfield turned out a lot better then I expected and far better then the state I got it in. So with that I am happy.

None of this thread would have been possible without the knowledge many on this forum are willing to write up and pass on for free.

The essence of this restore was to test and experiment with as many of the documented processes on this forum as possible to prepare me for any future pinball adventures I may have.

My next project is documented here if you are interested...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmpc-first-ss-second-pin-coffee-table.

Good luck in your adventure.

Moonbus

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-magic-circle-semi-sympathetic-playfield-restoration/page/2?hl=moonbus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.