(Topic ID: 254576)

Bally Mad World score reel set up advice?

By Pinbot_k

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1871 index (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

This is my first EM so if simple questions please forgive. The score wheel mechanism was wrecked on this almost as if hit with a hammer. I have got it all back in true and adjusted all the leaf contacts.
To do this I dismantled it completely. I have rebuilt and am at the stage of fitting the plastic score wheel on. How do I know where to fit it so it reads the correct number please? Is there a simple trick. This is the first one. Hopefully the other 5 will be much easier!?

#2 4 years ago

on the reel with the numbers there is a little "index tab"

the image are 2 reels off a puck bowler, I circled the index tab on the reels

the one on the left is for the frame count & indexed so it starts on the first frame ("1") and goes to "10".

the one on the right is the score reel and indexed so it begins at "0" and goes to "9"

IMG_1871 index (resized).jpgIMG_1871 index (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

If the mechanical part (stepper) lifts up all three contacts, the number on the window side is at "0".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mad-world-score-reel-set-up-advice?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.