(Topic ID: 268611)

Bally Mad World not starting. Single coin relay on?

By Pinbot_k

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pinbot_k
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
A91D72C3-E550-4DE8-959D-62ABD90C4803 (resized).jpeg
DAE0EB70-E5DA-4901-ACE2-D2B0484D1A50 (resized).jpeg
E50F6C05-DD13-4ED8-9CBF-B3F5CF7511D0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbot_k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Finally got round to looking at this again. My first ever attempt at an EM. The machine chosen was a wreck. I am using it as a learning process more than anything else. I have already been through and cleaned all contacts, sorted obvious faults. The reels in the back were very rusty. If I’d realised when I started (I did the cab first) I might not have started.

Anyway I now have a manual.

When I last fired up the score motor ran constantly. Having left it for other (valve radio) projects I fired It up again yesterday.

On plugging in the single coin relay clicks and stays closed. The machine does nothing else.

Any advice appreciated. I may need to come back to you for detail if that’s ok. Most of the labels for components are sadly missing which makes it much more difficult. The only other thing I have done so far is to check the voltages at the transformer - they are fine.

Many thanks Kneale

E50F6C05-DD13-4ED8-9CBF-B3F5CF7511D0 (resized).jpegE50F6C05-DD13-4ED8-9CBF-B3F5CF7511D0 (resized).jpegA91D72C3-E550-4DE8-959D-62ABD90C4803 (resized).jpegA91D72C3-E550-4DE8-959D-62ABD90C4803 (resized).jpegDAE0EB70-E5DA-4901-ACE2-D2B0484D1A50 (resized).jpegDAE0EB70-E5DA-4901-ACE2-D2B0484D1A50 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

Doh - many thanks. At some stage I must have bent to coin switch on the front door. Now sorted. Should have found this myself. Now to work out where next.

Cheers Kneale

#4 3 years ago

It becomes clear very quickly that this machine has the wrong value fuses (mostly too high), and that the attempts to solder rather than replace the holders was a waste of time. I’ll have to source new holders. Looks like that’s not so easy here in UK. Fuses are easier.

They are a mess - should have replaced them at the time and looked at them properly before any attempt at power up. Live and learn.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbot_k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-mad-world-not-starting-single-coin-relay-on?tu=pinbot_k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.