(Topic ID: 160274)

Bally lost world sound quiet

By pinballlizard

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I bought a lost world a few months back not working. I got it working but the sounds is very quiet. If I move the board to my playboy it is still quiet. The tones are all correct and I can control the volume just really low. I recaped it and changed the volume and sustain adjustments. It seems like maybe it is just a touch louder but no where near what the playboy board will kick out. Where to look next. as-2518-32

#6 7 years ago

lm741cn but it has not been replaced. I have seen some chatter on the subject of the wrong lm741. Can it just die and cause the same issue? How can it be tested? Is there a source for plug and play replacement or do all current supply need the mod? The only site where pictures seem to still show up are at http://www.pinball4you.ch/okaegi/diff741.jpg am I understanding correctly that the bridge between pin 3 and 4 gets cut and then pin 3 gets 2 10k resistors one to ground and one to 12v? Plus the cap of course but I am having a hard time understanding why the 2 resistors with pin 3 in the middle.

#9 7 years ago

Thanks for the description as to why that is needed. Is there a way to know for sure I am not shotgunning that IC?

#12 7 years ago

I tried the screw driver to the input. I wish it would have been more definitive. A tone was created by both but the playboy tone was much louder when touching the 741. based on that I think I will change the 741 and do the mod and see what happens.

#13 7 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. It was definitely the 741. I installed it with the resistors and cap and all is good. I would say it is actually louder than the playboy board now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-lost-world-sound-quiet?tu=pinballlizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.