I am having some problems trouble shooting the solenoids on my Bally Lost World. So far I am experiencing:
- A blown fuse ( I think during power-on?) under the play field.
- While in test mode the coin door solenoid and flippers "Pull in"
- When the machine is powered on the "Knocker" (solenoid in the cabinet) energizes
- There is a pretty loud hum coming from the speaker
And some other observations...
- The rectifier board was replaced with a rottendog by a previous owner and all test points are within spec.
- The solenoid drive board appears to be in good shape. No signs of burnt or blown components.
- Some of the solenoids had been cut. I experienced the same symptoms when they were cut and when I soldered them.
I'm not really sure where I should be focusing my efforts at this point. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Also, as an aside, I created another thread about what I thought was a rectifier issue on the same machine several months ago. Is there some way to link back or move the conversation back to that thread? Thanks again.