• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201111-140127 (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hi there,

I have a Bally Lost World that I have been recently working on. I had to switch ROMs (presumably original) to a different MPU. I completed the necessary jumpers and seem to get a successful boot (although the led stays dimmly lit afterwards). I'm able to cycle through the test mode.

However, there are no feature lights that come on during the diagnostic test and I am unable to start an actual game when I load credits. The solenoid test indicates an error on #9 on the display which, I think, is on the coin door.

I'm wondering where I should focus my attention. The rectifier is a newer rottendog but otherwise all boards are older and nothing has been repinned. Should I repin all connectors first or is there some quicker troubleshooting I can try in the meantime? It is my intention to ultimately repin all connectors but I don't have them in yet.

#2 3 years ago

The solenoid test doesn't display errors. It should pulse each solenoid in sequence and display their number as it goes.

Check lamp voltage at the rectifier and on the lamps

Check start button in switch test

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The solenoid test doesn't display errors.

I think I may have misinterpreted the diagnostic flow chart. I'm not home to double check at the moment but I want to say that it is actually on the switch test that the displays consistently display #9. I don't recall them cycling through the switch numbers.

Screenshot_20201111-140127 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201111-140127 (resized).png
#4 3 years ago

During switch test, the lowest numbered switch that is closed will be displayed. So if you can find what switch 9 is, it's probably stuck closed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-lost-world-no-feature-lights-and-game-fails-to-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.