• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Hey all. I'm trying to diagnose what's going on with a few lights on my Bally Lost world pinball. All the switches bumpers solenoids and most playfield lights work. All the sounds, displays, and back glass lights work.
The upper 1/3 of the bulbs around the playfield won't light up. The bumper lights won't light up either. I looked in all the schematics and I can't figure out what to test or what controls those lights.

When I go into test mode those 1/3 upper lights won't light up.
I tested TP 2 and TP 3 on the lamp Driver A5 board and I get 5.1V. I also reseated all connectors and checked all fuses good with my multi-meter.

Any help or suggestions?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Here is he lamp driver board.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3 8 years ago

There are 2 kinds of lamps on a playfield.

Driven Lights - ones that light up a feature.

General Illumination - lamps that are always on the moment the power switch is flipped.

-

#4 8 years ago

Your problem is with the GI lamps

You have a whole string of lamps out, so you probably have a wire off or bad connector somewhere.

Lift the playfield up till it's resting against the backbox.

Now test the voltage on the lamp sockets on the upper playfield from underneath. Put your meter on AC

#5 8 years ago

Okay I will test them my guess is no voltage. Does anyone know color what wire(s) control the GI lamps for that upper 1/3 playfield?

If I can get what color wire it is I can then find what it plugs into.

Thanks!

#6 8 years ago

Follow the braid stapled under the playfield for the non-working lamps. At one end of the braid you will see where the wires are soldered on, there should be red, green, white and orange wires. Unfortunately, I don't know which pair of wires powers which string of lamps.

#7 8 years ago

Fixed!!! It it was the red wire. It's correlating pin to where the molex connects had bad solder. I reflowed the solder to the pin and presto lights! Thanks all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-lost-world-light-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.