You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191026_173734 (resized).jpg
1C56A2E6-3B1E-48F6-970A-7CB60808A70F (resized).jpeg
20191024_175627 (resized).jpg
20191024_173943 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

I made those, so can answer your questions on that.

1: Yes, they should go further onto the lamp driver, and it takes a fair amount of effort as those connectors have 23 or 28 pins that all have decent tension on them.

2: Molex has been making a lot of changes on their lineup lately and I have noticed the crimped connectors don’t have as much tension as they used to for the power headers. I’m looking into a couple changes to make them hold better. I will see if I can find any that have locking ramps in that size which will help a lot going forward.

As always, I apologize for any issues you guys are having, and am always receptive to feedback like this. It’s not easy to catch all the variables and I’m always using the feedback to improve the design.

-Hans

#7 4 years ago

First thing I'd check is voltage at the adapter boards. Each one has a spot marked 'test'. Should be seeing somewhere around 5 volts at each of these points. My crimping press is known to have a bad crimp from time to time, and you may see lower voltage.

Also seems to be slightly common that the lamp bus voltage is low, due to a rectifier board issue, and you may only have 2-3 volts at the point you're attaching the alligator clip.

-Hans

#9 4 years ago

Had to take care of a family issue, and then today was Halloween, and I know I really need to dig further into this for you.
Haven't forgotten though. Just haven't had time to give it a proper look.

Do you have a voltmeter handy? Each board has a test-point on it, can you check voltage at the test point on all three boards? Should be close to 5v, but doesn't need to be exact.

-Hans

#12 4 years ago

Thats probably your source for the flickering, that lamp voltage should be higher.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
£ 195.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Displays
Retro Electro Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-led-adapter-boards-?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.