Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0278-1 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Were these green 555 lamp sockets used on anything besides Baby Pac-Man? Other Bally machines? I'm looking online but cannot find any information about them. I know it's just a socket but I want the underside of my playfield to be uniform.

IMG_0278-1 (resized).JPGIMG_0278-1 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

They (or similar green sockets) were used in a lot of early-mid 80s ballys, but they're horrible. I don't think you're going to find them for sale or being remade, as 44 sockets are preferred

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

They (or similar green sockets) were used in a lot of early-mid 80s ballys, but they're horrible. I don't think you're going to find them for sale or being remade, as 44 sockets are preferred

Thanks for the info.

I only need 2 of them so hopefully I'll be able to source them from a part-out.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmods:

Thanks for the info.
    I only need 2 of them so hopefully I'll be able to source them from a part-out.

Not sure the earliest game but I know elektra uses them and I think they were used all the way till the 6803 games

#5 6 years ago

I poked around a little bit when I saw another one of your posts. I didn't see any 555 sockets like this available. Like zacaj says, you may have to use a 44/47 socket with multiple tabs instead.

#6 6 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe used the white version sockets.

#7 6 years ago

If you really want some green sockets I'd post a Parts Wanted ad, I'm sure someone has a parts playfield lying around

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

If you really want some green sockets I'd post a Parts Wanted ad, I'm sure someone has a parts playfield lying around

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57392

#9 6 years ago

late model bally running the -35 hardware used them. like black pyramid, kings of steel, etc. 6803 games i think too.

i have less problems with them than the original 44 sockets found in earlier games...

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

late model bally running the -35 hardware used them. like black pyramid, kings of steel, etc. 6803 games i think too.
    i have less problems with them than the original 44 sockets found in earlier games...

I think 6803 (at least the few I've worked on) have special ones with an extra tab for their diodes

#11 6 years ago

Fathom, Medusa and Centaur use them also. The oldest Bally I ever saw them on was a Six Million Dollar Man. That was surprising as they are usually 44 type. Every one in my Medusa works fine. They seem to work ok until the internals start to corrode and they no longer work. There's metal on metal contact inside the housing. After the corrosion starts, they can't be repaired.

I always replace them with 44 type when doing swaps and I guess the main reason for that is no one produces these any more.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Same here, have a Centaur with original sockets and I've only had to clean/tighten three of them.

#13 6 years ago

The wanted ad has archived. If you still need them I have plenty on a Kings of Steel P/F in my overhaul pile.

Shawn

pinmods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-lamp-sockets-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.