Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by konjurer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I'm a noobie here and I just got my first pin!!! A Bally Future Spa that has some lamp sockets that need replacing. Can anyone point me to the right ones required for the playfield inserts and GI? My guess is #E-120-19 for the GI under the plastics and #E-120-127 for the inserts.

Here is the main question though... For the pop bumpers, can I use the new and improved wedge lamp socket 24-8776-1? And if so, how does it MOUNT in the bumper?

Thanks,

Tim

#2 8 years ago

The pop bumper lamps just sit loose. The old Bally ones were metal with legs and the legs going through would hold it up, while the wired ones just rest there.

#3 8 years ago

For the older SS games with the wider pop bumper body the newer wedge based sockets are too tall. Use the original style pop bumper sockets.

Don

#4 8 years ago

Now if I just knew if my SS had the older style bumper! Thanks for the info anyway guys. Appreciated.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Now if I just knew if my SS had the older style bumper! Thanks for the info anyway guys. Appreciated.

It probably has the old style bumper.

Someone may have worked on it at some point so you never know....but 95% you need the old style lamp holder.

http://pbresource.com/sockets.html#44

#6 8 years ago

Thanks Vid!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 199.95
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 85.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-lamp-socket-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.