Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ShawnNYC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I recently got my Playboy back up and running, with some help here. I had 6 bad SCRs which I replaced and everything looked good for the lamp test but when I started a game things got funky.
Lights that had been fine are now not working. Of the lights that were not, some work, some stay on and some go on and off during play. After seeing all the previous work that was done to this board, most of it bad, I'm considering just throwing an Alltek board in. I'd just like to know if I may have screwed something up that would prevent the Alltek from working properly.

#2 6 years ago

Sounds like a typical connector issue with the lamp strobe/select signals from the MPU board to the lamp board.
To diagnose it, you'll need to go into specifics of which lamps are misbehaving and how. Describe in detail what happens with the playfield lamps in attract mode or post a video if you can.

#3 6 years ago

Here's a few videos. Attract, Lamp Test and during play. All bulbs are LEDs and the anti-flicker boards are installed. I definitely need to redo the connectors, but I was trying to wait until I swap the playfield. Everything but a handful of PF lights were working prior to replacing the SCRs and gameplay was fine...

#4 6 years ago

Thanks, the videos tell the story.
Your J1 wire connector is off by one pin. It, or the anti flicker board has been plugged in one pin too high. Closely inspect them both and replug where necessary.

You might want to re-instate the key (the plastic thing that blocks the empty hole in the connector housing that should match the location of the cut pin on the J1 pin header) to avoid it happening again.

#5 6 years ago

That would be great. I’ll check when I get home....
Thanks for the help.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks Quench. I'm a dumbass.
The flicker board was up one pin on J1.

#7 6 years ago

At least you didn't throw money at parts you didn't need

#8 6 years ago

Truth. You saved me $120, and maybe my soldering skills don't suck...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-lamp-driver-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.