Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by gary78rpm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to owning machines so I'm still learning a fair bit, and I hit a wall with fixing my Lady Luck (1986) that I'm not even sure where to start. There's a few issues, but the two that are currently driving me nuts are:

- When you hit all 5 drop targets and then the left side target to start 10X playfield, the game thinks your ball drained - ball is still in play and you can even continue flipping it as long as it doesn't turn off the flippers on the 3rd ball, but the game plays the 'you drained' jingle and applies bonus. This also isn't 100% consistent, sometimes you can actually start it, but I'd say at least 9/10 times the game will think you drained.

- Occasionally if you sit and just mash rapidly on the right flipper it will engage a switch that adds points. I haven't figured out which switch it is (it adds around 100pts) but sometimes it'll cause a pop bumper to fire - not always though.

Again I'm new so treat me like an idiot, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

check all of your switches . A switch or 2 in the matrix is prob closed making others act up. go through every switch , clean with alcohol and make sure they are gaped correctly.
pop bumpers random fire on many ballys. It's because a ceramic disc cap is failing or has failed that is attached to them. clip em and replace them all.

#3 4 years ago

i need a back glass for my Bally lady luck. it looks terrible

3 months later
#4 4 years ago

Hi, everyone. I'm just getting into doing simple repairs (who'd have thought so many things could go wrong). The replay knocker doesn't fire at all, even when running the solenoid self-test. The two terminals on the solenoid have one wire each connected, one green and the other a dark grey-and-white dashed. Should there be three wires there? I don't see another hanging around the neighborhood. Anyway, the resistance across the terminals is just over 3. Any ideas? "That's a noise," grinned the Grinch, "that I simply must hear!" Appreciate your time and knowledge! So much to learn. Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Cabinet Parts
Eville Pinball
Cabinet parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-lady-luck-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.