Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180414_214418 (resized).jpg
4DFC0797-5F57-40E9-BC88-D350EFA5281B (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I have a Bally Knockout that does nothing when I turn the game on. The person I bought it from said it only needed a fuse. I don’t have the schematics, so I’m not sure what fuses are needed. I do have 4 fuse slots and one broken fuse slot. Currently only 2 fuses are in the game. Any idea as to what slots need fuses and what kind? Thanks in advance!

4DFC0797-5F57-40E9-BC88-D350EFA5281B (resized).jpeg

#2 2 years ago

Your photo is self explanatory. The fuse values are right there on the printed strip. I'd replace that roached out fuse holder entirely with a new one.

#3 2 years ago

I didn’t want to assume, but did see the values below. So the 2 middle fuses should both be 5V and 10 amp?

Also I checked ipdb, and the photo there only shows 4 fuse holders, so that was throwing me off since mine has 5.

#4 2 years ago

Two of those were added in and there's a little hackery going on we need to get past so we can get this game working. The fuse all the way to the right should be 3 amps. This is your line in voltage. The next from the right should be 50 volts DC to run the solenoids. I would guess that its the black and red with white chaser wires but you need to check the schematic to be sure. The next two will be for your lights and score motor, etc. It looks like the fuse holder all the way left has a proper pair, not too sure about the last pair. Again, a schematic could help us out. I would recommend replacing the fuse holders all together and verify which wires go to which fuse before anything else.

Shawn

#6 2 years ago

That looks terrible. It should look like this. This is from my Bally Air Aces. Similar vintage.

Order the fuse holders and fuses at Mouser and star fresh.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Eaton/BK-S-8002-1-R/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduiO%252b0r8r7rLBubUtaCv0TH16zW4RBTvY32eoehlctLDyw%3d%3d

20180414_214418 (resized).jpg

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I don’t have the schematic

Get one.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

The fuse all the way to the right should be 3 amps. This is your line in voltage. The next from the right should be 50 volts DC to run the solenoids.

A 3 amp line in would blow before any of the other fuses. Factory probably calls for 8 amp. And you don't use fuses rated for 50 volts in a pinball machine today. Use (appropriate amperage) 250 volt rated fuses. The voltage rating is the number where the fuse will not spark if it blows. Lower voltage ratings might have been cheaper for the factory, that's not a factor for us today.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 750.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5.00
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 19.50
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 6,300.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 11.95
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside