Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F4C073AA-70E6-4746-AE17-ECE283B08323 (resized).jpeg
7C738634-2206-4C87-A0E6-2CA05D93A9B3 (resized).jpeg
D42CC711-EBF0-451F-A376-BB59666468C3 (resized).jpeg
3087A7E8-BE9D-4E58-828D-02A502DD58D0 (resized).jpeg
Credit wheel adjustment (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello everyone, New to pinside and a new first time pinball machine owner. I recently purchased a functional Knockout machine with a couple of issues I would like to address. The first is that I would like to return it to coin op. Really have no idea how to go about this and was hoping for some advice....please....Also the 2 nd player function is not adding correctly. I do not have a schematic and know I will need if anyone can direct me on where to obtain one? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, George

#2 3 years ago

I would guess Steve at Pinball Resource http://www.pbresource.com/ would have the schematic , manual & possibly the score motor chart. I like to call myself but they will take e-mail orders as well ( ONLY DO ONE OR THE OTHER per order)

Good to get a leaf switch adjustment tool as well.

Does it add credits now with the coin mechs?

To set to freeplay easiest is to close the "zero switch" on the "credit unit" stepper so hopefully just properly gap them switchblades http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#free

Welcome to Pinside

#3 3 years ago

Thank you chas10e for the reply!
I will take your advice on finding the schematic. As far as the free play... the machine has been rigged for free play and whoever did it removed the coin mechanism. I would like to replace it and put the machine back to “factory”. I will need to determine what coin mech will work and find and replace and try to determine how to undo what has been done. As I said in my initial post I am new and clueless but am eager to learn!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

To set to freeplay easiest is to close the "zero switch" on the "credit unit"

I was looking at that for a Williams EM. Why not just take out the pins so the credit reel keeps going around?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I was looking at that for a Williams EM. Why not just take out the pins so the credit reel keeps going around?

For a Bally there is a mechanical limit as it is an "increment - decrement" stepper.

Also I think the pin opens the contact and forcing them to stay closed even if on "zero" credits is the idea

Quoted from Geomath:

Thank you chas10e for the reply!
I will take your advice on finding the schematic. As far as the free play... the machine has been rigged for free play and whoever did it removed the coin mechanism. I would like to replace it and put the machine back to “factory”. I will need to determine what coin mech will work and find and replace and try to determine how to undo what has been done. As I said in my initial post I am new and clueless but am eager to learn!

It will accept a standard coin mech. the coin value may be a determination on what to look for. hmmmmmmm 1975 probably Quarter mechs if here in the USA

Got pics of inside the coin door to see if all there ?

the pinrepair site will also help with your 2'nd player scoring , I would suspect gummed up score reels or dirty "2'nd player" relay contacts in back box ( my Joust is a 2 player game )

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I took a look at a Fireball credit wheel , the "zero" pin is a part of the plastic stepper gear so non-removable. The maximum credit pin is adjustable (and easy to lose if simply removed)

Credit wheel adjustment (resized).jpgCredit wheel adjustment (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

Trying to determine which coin mech, coin doors, lock etc....found coin doors but unsure about lock and coin mech.

3087A7E8-BE9D-4E58-828D-02A502DD58D0 (resized).jpeg3087A7E8-BE9D-4E58-828D-02A502DD58D0 (resized).jpegD42CC711-EBF0-451F-A376-BB59666468C3 (resized).jpegD42CC711-EBF0-451F-A376-BB59666468C3 (resized).jpegF4C073AA-70E6-4746-AE17-ECE283B08323 (resized).jpegF4C073AA-70E6-4746-AE17-ECE283B08323 (resized).jpeg7C738634-2206-4C87-A0E6-2CA05D93A9B3 (resized).jpeg7C738634-2206-4C87-A0E6-2CA05D93A9B3 (resized).jpeg
#8 3 years ago

Wow what a beauty

Looks like you only need coin entry plates and coin mechs

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_1976/index.html#/18/

Open that coin entry door up perhaps the stuff is behind them blanks

and a lock ... mebbe a couple light bulbs .... coin box

Marco looks like they have the plates & placards https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=bally+coin+plate

back box door there ? lock for that too

#9 3 years ago

Looks like some reasonably priced coin mechs here https://www.pinballlife.com/25-cent-standard-coin-mech.html

2 months later
#10 3 years ago

Hey Geomath, I just found this post. Did you ever get resolve for your questions? I may be able to help you somewhat. I don't get on here much so if my response is delayed i promise i will get back to you asap. Chuck.

1 week later
#11 3 years ago

Hi Geomath, I have the same machine. I found a nickel slot and a dime slot on ebay and got the slot covers from PBR. You can take out the pin on the crdeit wheel so it stays on free play. I would check to make sure someone didn't do something funky to the coin relay and switch two wires on the drum like they did in mine. It took me forever to find it. I think you'll find that a little contact cleaning and some play time will work most of the bugs out. I've found that player two has more issues because it got played alot less. I would suggest not to be tweeking contacts. Take a flashlite and just see if they're in the right position IE normally open or normally closed.
I got lucky and have the original paper work and schematics. I could probably have kinkos scan them and email them.
good luck

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-knockout-2?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.