• Latest reply 8 years ago by wdd1169
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I just picked up a Bally Kiss. Pretty decent but has a bad hack from the rectifier board. All of the wires from all of the connectors were cut and replaced about 5" in length from the board with new connectors. I'm thinking the board or transformer got hot and melted a bunch of stuff. Can upload pics when I get home tonight.

My question is can I use any harness to replace this, or does it have to be from a Kiss?

Thanks in advance.

#2 8 years ago

Any harness will do as long it is wired properly and is the proper gauge.

The pictures will help with advice on what to do.

#3 8 years ago

You need the wiring schematic page included in the manual.

#4 8 years ago

Here is a pic.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5 8 years ago

If wired properly, there is nothing wrong with that.

However, that board needs to be rebuilt

#6 8 years ago

It is wired correctly just bothers me for some reason. Board rebuilding is in the plans. Have some acid damage on the main board. Deciding on all new or sending them out. One thing I don't do is board repair. Thanks for input.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from wdd1169:

It is wired correctly just bothers me for some reason. Board rebuilding is in the plans. Have some acid damage on the main board. Deciding on all new or sending them out. One thing I don't do is board repair. Thanks for input.

If the crimps are okay and it is wired properly. DONT FUSS WITH IT! Yeah all the wires are white, I wouldnt have done it that way.... but i bet you have better things to work out.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

If the crimps are okay and it is wired properly. DONT FUSS WITH IT! Yeah all the wires are white, I wouldnt have done it that way.... but i bet you have better things to work out.

Thank you. I do have a few things to do. Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 10.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-kiss-wire-harness-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.