You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally_Kiss_Schematic_omission_3 (resized).JPG
Bally_Kiss_Schematic_omission_2 (resized).JPG
Bally_Kiss_Schematic_omission_1 (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

Here are 3 omissions that I found in the Bally Kiss schematics. I came across these while working on a cut up Kiss playfield wiring harness that I got in a parts lot years ago.

Apparently these are not a big deal as I couldn't find any mention of these upon doing several web searches. And many Kiss machines have been repaired and restored over the years!

Bally_Kiss_Schematic_omission_1 (resized).JPGBally_Kiss_Schematic_omission_1 (resized).JPGBally_Kiss_Schematic_omission_2 (resized).JPGBally_Kiss_Schematic_omission_2 (resized).JPGBally_Kiss_Schematic_omission_3 (resized).JPGBally_Kiss_Schematic_omission_3 (resized).JPG
#2 2 years ago

Appreciate the info!

#3 2 years ago

The late Danny Dawkins did the cable and wiring schematics for many years over at Bally. Like a lot of us, he was quite a character. Lot of last minute wiring changes to Kiss as it was a late decision to have the strobing K-I-S-S lights on the backglass. You may want to send your updated schematics to IPDB where they can be shared.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

You may want to send your updated schematics to IPDB where they can be shared.

I just sent the info to IPDB. We will see if it gets posted there. Thanks for the suggestion. I did not know where to share this information.

#5 2 years ago

These same three omissions are in the Space Invaders and Future Spa schematics. I don't have either machine to verify.

If anyone has a Space Invaders or Future Spa and can verify the omissions on the actual machines that would be great!

2 weeks later
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnnybee:

I just sent the info to IPDB. We will see if it gets posted there. Thanks for the suggestion. I did not know where to share this information.

I added your info as a PDF in our Documentation section a couple of days ago, marking it as user-submitted corrections.

Thank you.

2 months later
#7 1 year ago

Can someone confirm that on the rectifier board plug that J3 pin 13 (White/Yellow) that there is a wire there? I just re-pinned that connector and that wire is not there. Everything else matches up. I did see the missing J1 pin 9 in manual and was wondering if this was another one.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Can someone confirm that on the rectifier board plug that J3 pin 13 (White/Yellow) that there is a wire there?

There is no wire there.
That wire was originally used to carry solenoid power to the head for earlier Bally chime games that had the knocker in the headbox.
Kiss has the knocker in the cabinet and it instead gets solenoid power from the rectifier boards J2 pin 2 green wire.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-kiss-schematic-errors-omissions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.