• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6741 (resized).png
IMG_6742 (resized).png
kiss3 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballytim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Looking for a Bally KISS machine I was presented with one machine that the seller claims to be a German version. Well I wasn't really looking for a German one as I would rather have the original KISS logo I started to wonder A. what's the differences are between the two machines and B. how can one prove a machine is a German one?
I know that the German playfield and backglass have the altered logo. I also have been advised that the German playfield has more black to it. IPB had reproduced the German playfields and the backglasses were also reproduced so it would be nothing for someone to be able to make a German KISS machine.
I am wondering if it was ever advised as to how many German KISS machines were produced and if the serial numbers were in a bank (i.e. if 3000 were made were the serial number EKI2000 - EKI5000)?
So, again, interested in the differences as well as to how to tell today if a machine is an original German machine.

I've never researched that. Good question though.

I've only ever noticed the difference in logos. But you're right, with the repops someone could, and probably has made one or two that aren't originals. I would think you're on the right track with serial numbers.

#5 4 years ago

If you can confirm it's an original, I would certainly grab it if it's in your budget.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballytim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-kiss-how-to-confirm-german-and-us-versions?tu=ballytim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.