• Latest reply 2 years ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0130.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I'm reassembling a Bally Kiss machine that was essentially a box of parts when I got it. It's all back together, but I'm having a problem reassembling the gate that sits to the right of the right flipper.

Does engaging the coil open the gate or does the coil close it?

I would think the normal state would be closed and that the coil would open it, but I can't find a way to assemble the parts that makes that happen, which makes me think that the coil may be energized except when the gate opens. If that's the case, would someone be kind enough to post a photo of the gate mechanism from the underside of the playfield when the game is powered off?

Simple problem, and if it's in the manual, I missed it.

Charlie

#2 8 years ago

I am at work but will send you a picture of the mech when I get home. I believe the coil energizes to open the gate. It's a pretty simple gate to install.

#3 8 years ago

Don't know if this will help but is a photo I took when I was doing my restore..

IMG_0130.jpgIMG_0130.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Thanks; that photo may help. It looks simple, but after assembling it, I can't seem to assemble it in a way that makes the shaft rotate outwards when the coil engages.

I'll play around with it some more and compare it to the photo. It's literally the last thing to install.

Charlie

#5 8 years ago

If that's the case then it could be it energizes to close it.........now that I am thinking about it I want to say that when you start a game the gate closes and at the end of the game it opens back up. At work right now but can confirm when I get home.

#6 8 years ago

it is the same exact as globetrotters. game off gate is open. turn game on, gate pulses closed for a second, then gate opens back up in attract mode. start a game, gate closes.

#7 8 years ago

That seems to be the case, and it's working now. Thanks!

Charlie

6 years later
#8 2 years ago

i came across this thread while looking for a solution for a similar problem i ran into. for the life of me i couldnt figure out why the gate i was using in my scratch build Kiss was working the exact opposite as it should. I finally figured out that the coil bracket actually has two sets of screw holes. if you use the lower holes the gate will open when energized. If you loose the top holes the gate energize when closed. hopefully this little bit of knowledge may help someone in the future.

#9 2 years ago

I see you have the original playfield fuse holder. Its probably EoL and you should replace it while your at it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 22.50
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 29.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-kiss-gate-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.