Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 days ago by ourdave76
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240107_143227 (resized).jpg
    20240107_143200 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200930_200530_5 (resized).jpg
    20200905_194246 (resized).jpg
    20200905_193739 (resized).jpg
    B3873FAB-8F12-446C-B037-B8F1FE69810F (resized).jpeg
    31598887-964C-4197-9123-10659A2A8D9E (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I own a Bally Kiss Pinball and would like to
    Restore the cabinet artwork. The artwork is
    Faded bad. Would like to know what colors of paint to use? Was the original color a Orange? I see some Kiss cabs the color bright red. Do you recommend a stencil kit
    Or just airbrush painting the cab..thanks appreciate any help

#2 3 years ago

Pinball Pimp stencil kit, it's actually Chevy orange, available at any auto parts store. I used gloss, white
    And satin black enamel, turned out beautiful.

#3 3 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for your help.. greatly appreciated. Looked up chevy orange .
    Perfect. Thanks again. The Mystery is
    Solved

#4 3 years ago

Chevy orange and Dover white! Definitely recommend pinball Pimp.com. Mine came out fantastic!!!

31598887-964C-4197-9123-10659A2A8D9E (resized).jpeg31598887-964C-4197-9123-10659A2A8D9E (resized).jpegB3873FAB-8F12-446C-B037-B8F1FE69810F (resized).jpegB3873FAB-8F12-446C-B037-B8F1FE69810F (resized).jpeg
    #5 3 years ago

Wow looks Gorgeous! Great job. Did you take out your playfield and backglass or just cover it all up really good. Never done the stencil kit . Is it pretty simple for a beginner? Do you know where you can order pinball legs from. Like to get new black ones. Mine are in rough shape? Thanks

#7 3 years ago

Thanks NYP for your input.. now ill have to think about the 2 colors.

#8 3 years ago

Was the Alis Chalmers orange the original shade bally used? Or chevy orange . Would like to know what the original shade Bally used . Thanks

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Was the Alis Chalmers orange the original shade bally used? Or chevy orange . Would like to know what the original shade Bally used . Thanks

From the research I did it was Alis Chalmers. I just did one and was very satisfied that it matched the original perfect.

#10 3 years ago

Thanks NYP I will try to get that shade of
    Orange. I wanna keep it original as possible
    . How about the shade of black and white you
    Used?
    Do you have a pic you could share of the
    Cab you repainted please

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Thanks NYP I will try to get that shade of
    Orange. I wanna keep it original as possible
    . How about the shade of black and white you
    Used?
    Do you have a pic you could share of the
    Cab you repainted please

Pretty sure black and white are a standard? Also, as you said you wanted it close to original. Pretty sure Bally Kiss originally had Grey legs not Black.

https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-gray-legs-set-of-4.html

#12 3 years ago

Thanks Yelobird for the link.. will get some new legs

#13 3 years ago

Here's a link to some pics of mine although the camera makes it look a little more fluorescent looking than it is in real life. For white I used Benjamin Moore simply white (OC-117). I think it was perfect as it gave it a older looking white to give it that vintage look and not a bright white that looks out of place on an older machine. For black I just used krylon black. Then cleared it with rustoleum varathane gloss.

https://nypinball.com/kiss-cabinet-restoration/

#14 3 years ago

NYP Thanks appreciate your advice and
    Pics . Wow very impressive. It looks like it
    Just came out of the factory or just sat in someone's home never played.. did you get the Legs from pinball life?

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

NYP Thanks appreciate your advice and
    Pics . Wow very impressive. It looks like it
    Just came out of the factory or just sat in someone's home never played.. did you get the Legs from pinball life?

Thanks, yes the legs were from P.L, they look very original. Think they call them grey but they're really dark grey almost black, looks close to what the originals would have been.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

Did you take out your playfield and backglass or just cover it all up really good.

You should remove the playfield and anything you don't want painted. Don't try and do this with the head attached, either, it's just easier to do when the components are apart and easier to move around.

#17 3 years ago

Thanks NYP and SLOCHAR for your great info and help. I have another dumb question. Did you sand the cabinet down or just paint over the existing artwork.? Iam not sure i wanna take this on. I know I will mess it up. Do you know who to contact in my area that would do this type of work? Painting contractors? Thanks again

2 months later
    #18 3 years ago

on the chevy orange paint. you used was it chevy orange red or just chevy orange or chevy red .. thanks..

#19 3 years ago

here's a pic where someone did the faces gloss white and the base is dover white and the red is rust-oleum Strawberry fields

20200905_193739 (resized).jpg20200905_193739 (resized).jpg20200905_194246 (resized).jpg20200905_194246 (resized).jpg
    #21 3 years ago
    Quoted from gregh43:

here's a pic where someone did the faces gloss white and the base is dover white and the red is rust-oleum Strawberry fields [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice registration, that’s not an example I would try to emulate.

#22 3 years ago

Thanks NYP. do you have any pics of your machine you can share with the Alis Chalmers?

#23 3 years ago

I already did a few post up but here it is again, this was using Alis Chalmers. The pictures make it look a little different but I can tell you that Alis Chalmers is as perfect a match as your going to get to the original game. I did extensive research and I tried about 5 different versions of the orange until I settled into the Alis Chalmers.

https://nypinball.com/kiss-cabinet-restoration/

#24 3 years ago

Thanks soo much NYP. Appreciate your help. I picked up that AC paint you said. sprayed a little. it does look very nice. thanks again. iam ready to start the stencil

3 weeks later
    #25 3 years ago

NYP Thanks again for pointing out the right orange.. Very Happy how its turning out. I did the headboard first. I changed it up. the trim on the side thats white . I painted it orange. I thought it looks nice

IMG_20200930_200530_5 (resized).jpgIMG_20200930_200530_5 (resized).jpg
    3 years later
    #26 3 months ago

this is the leg color...half this eg is painted....cheers!

20240107_143200 (resized).jpg20240107_143200 (resized).jpg20240107_143227 (resized).jpg20240107_143227 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #27 57 days ago

I'll be painting my cabinet at some point. This thread will definitely help.
    Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-kiss-cabinet-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.