IMG_0354.JPG
F0E9D40A-E579-4723-A4EC-6E5CDF8A2CF1.jpeg
IMG_0353 (resized).PNG
0BD92713-9D71-40F8-8EFB-32338AA61C64.jpeg
16A51F48-C467-4C8D-922A-B834E211C3D1.jpeg
9C06E55D-D231-45B1-A90C-78FE77405ABD.jpeg
640E0D46-ED35-418F-A4B6-C84702282C1D.jpeg
39097056-DF9F-4DBE-AC67-5451D0C758ED.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Did you try and swap your Indiana Jones driver board over to Dredd to see what happens?

+1

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Reseat all ribbon again, dmd shows up garbage and no sound, no fuses blowing out so far....
Gustavo

Gustavo,Stand in front of your machine,Make a video showing the game off,Turn the game on and just show the display and the boards..Please
this way will give everyone a clear picture of exactly what your game is doing.

#17 6 years ago

Everything looks to be in proper working order!!??? The display is fine,The boards led is fine.The only thing i see is the crane which is a common problem The crane is operated by an opto,Lift up the playfield and in the middle/back there are 2 opto boards there.Reseat the connectors on both boards,When your done doing that power on the game and see if the crane stops.If it does not then that opto(Most likely the transmitter)is faulty and needs cleaning or replacement.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Focus on the switches!?

Why???? your game turned on just fine,If it was a switch matrix problem believe me your game will not allow you do anything.I'm going by what i saw in your video and i was hoping you would hit the start button to play a game but that didn't happen

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Left slingshot not working on switch test but working on selenoid test.

OK but that would not stop the game from playing

#21 6 years ago

Does the game play,When you hit start button can you play a game???is it on free play???
Focus on getting the game to work first then we can deal with the other stuff on the playfield such as switches,coils,crane ect.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

No, is working ok.

That's great,Like other Pinsiders have stated it could have been the ribbon connectors
Now,Try reseating the connectors on the 2 opto boards under the playfield..Do this with the game powered off

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

I correct here, game, light and music starts ok, but put 2 balls in the shooter lane.

Those are also run by optos!! Reseat the connectors on opto board!!

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Crane, left slingshot and through 1 are in the same row

Yes i know....I took a judge dredd apart one time went through every step..I know the game like the back of my hand

#29 6 years ago

This game runs on a lot of optos that's why there are 2 opto boards,This is very important to understand and keep in mind

For future reference or future owners:Judge Dredd is a beast for some but to be honest with you it was the easiest game i have ever worked on.I had a switch matrix problem and yes U20 blew....Just replace U20 right??Well,not the case i had a short somewhere on the playfield or somewhere under the playfield.What I had really learned was step by step and patience was key.Heres my JD experience Link below

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-deal-with-u20-and-switch-matrix-lately

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Are you certain the connectors at the bottom of the MPU board are connected properly?
The slingshot is not an opto switch so I think the problem is to do with the wiring for that row rather than the optos. Double check playfield wiring for those switches.

Quoted from pinmike:

Those are also run by optos!! Reseat the connectors on opto board!!

Quoted from arolden:

Are you certain the connectors at the bottom of the MPU board are connected properly?
The slingshot is not an opto switch so I think the problem is to do with the wiring for that row rather than the optos. Double check playfield wiring for those switches.

I think you might want to start reading from the top first

#34 6 years ago

The game is spitting out two balls...OP stated in above post

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Seems to me we're kind of jumping around here. If you suspect row 1 then go into switch edge test and see if any of the switches in row 1 work.

That's Right,Op says one thing then does another..Jumps from optos to switches then to slingshot...Thats why I left it alone.Same crap happened in another thread OP did the same thing

#45 6 years ago

Left slingshot mentioned again.....switches to optos to slingshot..what is so special about that slingshot?? and Yes i know its not run by an opto.The coindoor is open and that kills the hi-power to the coils thats why its not kicking in the test...Pull the hi-power nob or close the door and slingshot coil will fire when you hit that switch

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi,
The slingshot it's working, the only issue is in the switche edges Test, I described the relationship between left shooter, left slingshot and crane-death world

You might have those switches wired in the wrong order or a diode has shorted on one of those switches IF there are diodes there..I cant remember off the top of my head

#50 6 years ago

Check the wiring on that opto,If that opto is dead then if would need to be replaced and 95% chance the transmitter has blown on that opto(The one with the light)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-judge-dredd-going-crazy?tu=pinmike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.