• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Bally Joust score motor unit switches.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 2 years ago

Hi,

I have some original paperwork for anyone who's needing it, for the 1969 Bally Joust.
Send me a message and I'll email them to you!

- Joust Schematics (a faded copy)
- Joust Score Motor Unit Switch Chart
- Joust High Score Adjustment Chart
- Flipper-Zipper Assembly
- Effective Adjustments on Moveable Flipper Assembly
- Joust Features and Scoring Instructions
- Joust Replay to Add-A-Ball Conversion
- Joust Game Adjustments
- Joust Parts List
- Joust Installation & General Operation Instructions
- and a Bally Warranty Card!

#2 2 years ago

Consider sending a copy to IPDB.org.

/Mark

#3 2 years ago

I don't see the high score adjustment card here: http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/ and would be interested in a copy ( I would suggest contacting Inkochnito to add to his data base )

The "Replay to Add-a-ball conversion" I would be interested in looking at. does it say it for Joust ? I would suspect it is for single player games, but I could most certainly be wrong :p

My machine isn't near me right now so no particular rush on sending them. I'll shoot you a PM with e-mail address

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

I don't see the high score adjustment card here: http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/ and would be interested in a copy ( I would suggest contacting Inkochnito to add to his data base )
The "Replay to Add-a-ball conversion" I would be interested in looking at. does it say it for Joust ? I would suspect it is for single player games, but I could most certainly be wrong :p
My machine isn't near me right now so no particular rush on sending them. I'll shoot you a PM with e-mail address

Yes, all of these sheets came with my machine and they are all marked "Joust" except flipper- zipper assembly.
I only now discovered the high score adjustment chart which was taped to the back of the backbox cover.
Add a Ball conversion has two changes:
- Hi-score feature plug in Shoot Again position
- Match feature plug in Off position.
I'm trying to figure out, if I set it this way, if the knocker will ever work?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

Yes, all of these sheets came with my machine and they are all marked "Joust" except flipper- zipper assembly.
I only now discovered the high score adjustment chart which was taped to the back of the backbox cover.
Add a Ball conversion has two changes:
- Hi-score feature plug in Shoot Again position
- Match feature plug in Off position.
I'm trying to figure out, if I set it this way, if the knocker will ever work?

Looking at the schematic , when you change to the "shoot again" it doesn't activate the credit reel when you reach the high score threshold. The knocker (or sounder) would only activate if you add credits with a coin.

Thank you for the documents Skybug I would think in this position for a tournament setting it would be considered an extra ball as opposed to what I'll call a "true add-a-ball" from scoring "wow's " .... but I could be wrong.

Do you have score cards that say "add-a-ball" for each score of xx,xxx for the apron ? Inkochnito 's cards are all replay cards

Where the machine I have is now is at a pinball club so I'll probably leave it set for replay there as different tournaments are held. but would consider this add-a-ball change when I bring it home.

#6 2 years ago

No, unfortunately I don't have a set of cards. The one that came with my machine says "Replay".

#7 2 years ago

I've send a PM for the paper work scans.

I've got a nice set of cards on my website http://www.inkochnito.nl
Look in the Bally section.

Peter

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I've send a PM for the paper work scans.
I've got a nice set of cards on my website http://www.inkochnito.nl
Look in the Bally section.
Peter

All the score cards for Joust say "replay" ...

I was wondering what a good add-a-ball score threshold would be. I didn't note the values of the cards you have listed for Joust . I also at this post haven't looked at other of the MANY other Bally games you have listed but just started.

Had to do an advanced search on IPDB for specific Bally add-a-ball games & Surfers was listed and has separate cards for re-play & additional balls awarded. I haven't had the opportunity to play a Surfers yet and imagine the scoring is different.

#9 2 years ago

The high score adjustment chart has a recommended setting for three balls, and five balls, but that's all I see.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

The high score adjustment chart has a recommended setting for three balls, and five balls, but that's all I see.

Yeah that does seem to correspond to the reference number on the individual score cards ... from what I recall mine has a 3-ball card starting at 22k and my game is set for 5 balls and a challenge for me to get the first replay score.

Prolly wouldn't be a bad idea for me to change things to the lowest 5 ball game settings & card when I get to the game next time.

#11 2 years ago

I've also received a copy of the files.
Most of them are already available from the ipdb though.
The motor switches page was in parts.
I've stitched them together into one file.
Attached is a copy so you can download it too.

Peter

Bally Joust score motor unit switches.pdfBally Joust score motor unit switches.pdf
#12 2 years ago

The Dixieland file has a lot of add-a-ball cards.
Maybe that's an option?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

The Dixieland file has a lot of add-a-ball cards.
Maybe that's an option?

#rocket-iii is a better choice , it has all replay , add-a-ball, high score table & jones plug selections ( confirmed )

The added ball scores seem to be the same as suggested replay scores

The Dixieland reference DID help greatly because it helped me figure out how your manufacturer title page worked under the "confirmed table" doing a word search on the page for "add"

I would suspect for Joust you would still need to have a scan of a physical copy for a specific "Add-a-ball" card to confirm that it exists

I have yet to play either Dixieland -or- Rocket III

#14 2 years ago

If the question is whether Bally Joust has a way to earn a extra balls, see the the manual
https://www.ipdb.org/files/1317/Bally_1969_Joust_Installation_and_General_Game_Operation_Instructions.pdf

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-joust-paperwork-for-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.