Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Target new (resized).jpg
Target (resized).jpg
20190204_103841 (resized).jpg
20190204_103823 (resized).jpg
20190204_103754 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epeabs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I am making adjustments on my Flash Gordon following a hardtop install. My single inline drop Target in the upper Playfield does not want to stay up when it is supposed to. Is there a way to adjust it so it has more grab on the lip? Or is there another way to keep it from dropping when it comes up? Pictures don't show spring attached.

20190204_103754 (resized).jpg20190204_103754 (resized).jpg20190204_103823 (resized).jpg20190204_103823 (resized).jpg20190204_103841 (resized).jpg20190204_103841 (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

At minimum taking the mech apart and cleaning it might help, reinstall with a new spring. If you are doing a hardtop, why not replace the drop target with a nice new one?

Sorry for my lack of clarification. Those pictures are prior to disassembly, cleaning and reinstalling with a new drop target. I just realized I don't have any good underneath pictures of anything cleaned and reassembled.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from pinplayer01:

I had this same problem on my Flash Gordon, and this was with the original playfield (not with a hardtop). I found that most of the time the DT reset, it would not stay up. I had replaced the original, worn DT with a new one. I did not have this problem with the original DT.
It took a while to diagnose, but I noticed that the new DT was "bulkier" around the area where the spring attaches to it (circled in your original image below). Tonight I took an image of my DT assembly (the image was not the easiest to obtain, due to the orientation of the assembly, and it is not easy to see with the PF in the cabinet).
On mine, you can see that the plastic of the DT is different in size around where the spring attaches, compared to an original DT. In fact, this image is taken with the DT up, and you can see the plastic of the DT in this area almost makes contact with the metal from the assembly. I had to shim the plastic (near the spring) of the DT enough, so that upon resetting it did not interfere with hitting the metal. Hope that makes sense.
If you slowly and manually reset the DT up with your hand, see if the DT is hitting something as it nears the top. This is what I found.[quoted image][quoted image]

I understand what you're referencing. I'm going to try a couple things when I get home tonight. I will take a look at that portion to see if there is any interference and I also have a second spring I can try to install if it fits well also. I'm sure with a little trial and error I will get this tweaked. Thank you to all for the ideas.

#9 5 years ago

@pinplayer01, I dremeled my drop target in the area you referenced. It made a huge difference. I would say the problem is pretty much cured. I'm not 100% sure that the target is working in the manner it is supposed to since I have only played this FG, but I am pleased. I have a second spring to add if the problem persists. Thanks again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 90.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 199.95
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epeabs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-inline-drop-target-adjustment-?tu=epeabs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.