30920ED5-A2D3-422E-A287-B904D2BA7291 (resized).jpeg
0Gator-Work-08 (resized).jpg
0Gator-Work-07 (resized).jpg
0Gator-Work-06 (resized).jpg
0Bally-Hoo-Work-08 (resized).jpg
0Bally-Hoo-Work-07 (resized).jpg
0Bally-Hoo-Work-06 (resized).jpg
0Bally-Hoo-Work-05 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lambecka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Need assistance for the following problem i have with my Bally Hoo. When starting game the ball does not kick into the shooterlane. It stays in the starting hole and the kicker moves slightly, but not enough to kick the hole out and some times it does not move at all. The spool to,move the kicker measures ok. What i need is the circuit to follow that moves the bal kicker. I only have the german schematic, but difficult to find the circuit i need to follow , the wording i do not understand
Can someone help please

1 week later
#4 5 years ago

Difficult this one , for sure must be the score motor switch, but very difficult to acces

1 month later
#6 4 years ago

Finally solved the problem and cleaned the switches score motor, needed to take of all the switches.
But problem solved. Only problem remains is that after loosing the last bal, it goes in game over mode, but stil gives new bal on same moment. Machine stays in game over mode, but ball in the shooter lane.

#9 4 years ago

Rolf,
No any activity on playfield or flippers, the game is in gameover mode. When playing the last ball the game ends in gameover , but just before supplies new ball in shooterlane

#11 4 years ago

Rolf, did some test but then match relais does NOT operate,when ending the game.
Game ends with ball in the shooterlane
Can you help?
Albert

#13 4 years ago

Rolf
They all have paper tags and language is german. Will check the player reset rel as advised and let you know
Alberr

#14 4 years ago

Sorry rolf the tags are all in english. Watched the match relais and it is pulling

#17 4 years ago

Rolf , will check this switch closer to make sure it opens.
Playing a few times learns that sometimes the game ends correctly and some times it ends with ball in shooterlane.
Can it be a timing issue??
In other words is it possible,that in between pulling the player reset and the match rel, the ball kicker fires??

#19 4 years ago

Rolf, took me a while before solving the problem, but finally solved the problem by cleaning and where nesecarry adjusting the stack of switches from SC 8
So as always problem solves but another showed up.
So the problem was that after loosing the last ball gameover, but before gameover a ball in the shooterlan, thats one solved.
But now if playing one player game and loosing the first ball it goes to player two three and player four never ending the game.
If starting four players game it works as it should be,
Any suggestions??

#21 4 years ago

Ok rolf will check wires of both units tomorrow.
I don,t think that is the problem, because problem is not repeately. I can play few times without having the problem. Also when playing a four players game there is no problem.
But then suddenly when starting for example a one player game, it starts with player two.

#23 4 years ago

Rolf , sorry that i not very clearly explained the problem, but there is of course a language problem as well.
Lets try it again.
When started a FOUR player game, there is no problem and the playerup unit works ok, also ball counts are correct.

When started a ONE player game, the player unit direct goes to player two and after loosing the ball to player three and so on. The ball count unit works ok.
This is not always the case, sometimes it works in a one player game ok
Also problem occurs in a two players game, it not stops at player two, but goes on to player three and four

#25 4 years ago

Rolf.
Try to play one player game.
Presh credit button, machine resets and ball arrives and kicked into shooterlane. Playing the ball making point and the
point going to player one as it should be. After loosing the ball the machine goes to player two instead of ball two for player one, loosing that ball it goes to player three etc.
So everytime i loose the ball the playerup unit steps.

Four player game.
Presh button , machine resets and ball kicked into shooterlane. Then push button for player two etc,
Can playing full game without any problem, and player unit steps as it should be.
Albert

#27 4 years ago

Rolf,
Just before i received your post 26 , solved the problem.
As advised by your in earlier post is started to check switch not only visual, but also by hand. I removed stack #1 #7 #8 #9 from score motor and cleaned and adjusted them. On stack #10 found a bad solder, and brook only by touching it.
After making new solder and placed all stack back in position, the main problem was solved.
Everything works correctly.
Only thing i observed during playing is as follow:
When loosing the ball, or ball is placed in one of the bonus holes, the score motor makes one turn. In few cases score motor makes two or three turns before it stops. Any idea

Albert

#29 4 years ago

Rolf , score motor makes more than one turn when it hits the hole in the top, see picture, you recieve 100,200,300,400 or 500 points. Noticed also that when the 400 points are lit, the problem occurs and also gives 100 points instead of 400.
Score motor keeps running few times and also when loosing the ball it giver three or four
Understands the bonus points when collecting more than five.

Albert

30920ED5-A2D3-422E-A287-B904D2BA7291 (resized).jpeg30920ED5-A2D3-422E-A287-B904D2BA7291 (resized).jpeg
#31 4 years ago

Hi Rolf,
I always hate to work on scoremotor switches, because once solving a problem another arises.
But in this case problem solved, by cleaning and adjusting switches from stack 9 , did solve my problem, not only the 400 points is working now, but also extra turns scoremotor for some reason solved also.
May i thank you for helping me out with you knowledge but especially your patience,
Thanks Rolf i will close this subject as being solved.

Regards. Albert

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lambecka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hoo-circuit-for-outhole-kicker?tu=lambecka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.