Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by rolf_martin_062
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0Bally-Hoo-Work-08 (resized).jpg
0Bally-Hoo-Work-07 (resized).jpg
0Bally-Hoo-Work-06 (resized).jpg
0Bally-Hoo-Work-05 (resized).jpg

#1 65 days ago

Need assistance for the following problem i have with my Bally Hoo. When starting game the ball does not kick into the shooterlane. It stays in the starting hole and the kicker moves slightly, but not enough to kick the hole out and some times it does not move at all. The spool to,move the kicker measures ok. What i need is the circuit to follow that moves the bal kicker. I only have the german schematic, but difficult to find the circuit i need to follow , the wording i do not understand
Can someone help please

#2 65 days ago

Well, all I can find is the German one, too, but I think it's a score motor sw. on 3, but I can't tell which one.

#3 64 days ago

Hi Lambecka
I think NO german Service Man did like the german schematics (at the times)
Please check the color of the wires on the Outhole-Switch - is the Outhole-Switch "my red 1" or is it "my blue 2" --- I guess "my red 1" so check Score-Motor-Cam 8, Make-and-Brake Switch (here also: look for color of the wires to find the switch on the switchstack). (((Maybe we need to dig-in into the german schematics - I hope not))) Greetings Rolf

0Bally-Hoo-Work-05 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4 55 days ago

Difficult this one , for sure must be the score motor switch, but very difficult to acces

#5 55 days ago
Quoted from Lambecka:

Difficult this one , for sure must be the score motor switch, but very difficult to acces

Simple to verify with a jumper wire. Once verified, unscrew the switch stack next to the one with the bad switch to adjust & deburnish. If you need to replace, pull off the appropriate stack.

1 month later
#6 12 days ago

Finally solved the problem and cleaned the switches score motor, needed to take of all the switches.
But problem solved. Only problem remains is that after loosing the last bal, it goes in game over mode, but stil gives new bal on same moment. Machine stays in game over mode, but ball in the shooter lane.

#7 12 days ago
Quoted from Lambecka:

Only problem remains is that after loosing the last bal, it goes in game over mode, but stil gives new bal on same moment. Machine stays in game over mode, but ball in the shooter lane.

Might be Ball Index or Outhole relays.

#8 12 days ago

Hi Lambecka
when the fault happens - can You still actuate the Flipper-Bats ? See the JPG - the switch on Game-Over-Relay must open when reaching "Game-Over". Greetings Rolf

0Bally-Hoo-Work-06 (resized).jpg
#9 12 days ago

Rolf,
No any activity on playfield or flippers, the game is in gameover mode. When playing the last ball the game ends in gameover , but just before supplies new ball in shooterlane

#10 11 days ago

Hi Lambecka
see the JPG - I believe when the pin comes to Game-Over - just before actuating the Game-Over-Relay: The Number-Match relay is made to pull - its switch (in my orange wiring) opens and hinders the actuating of the Outhole-Kicker (?). Does in Your pin the Number-Match relay actuate ? and truely opens the switch ? Greetings Rolf

0Bally-Hoo-Work-07 (resized).jpg
#11 5 days ago

Rolf, did some test but then match relais does NOT operate,when ending the game.
Game ends with ball in the shooterlane
Can you help?
Albert

#12 4 days ago

Hi Albert
do You have paper tags in the pin telling the name of a relay or stepper ? If "Yes": Is the text in German or in English ?
Look at the JPG - along "dark blue" lines the Match-Relay should fire - check the wiring. The "Sp. R. Relay" is the Player-Reset-Relay - it must be pulling so its switch in the dark-blue-wiring is closed --- does the Player-Reset-Relay fire ? Greetings Rolf

0Bally-Hoo-Work-08 (resized).jpg
#13 4 days ago

Rolf
They all have paper tags and language is german. Will check the player reset rel as advised and let you know
Alberr

#14 4 days ago

Sorry rolf the tags are all in english. Watched the match relais and it is pulling

#15 4 days ago

Hi Alex
see the JPG in post-10 - "orange text: No Match Relay" and the switch to the right - DOES this switch on the No-Match-Relay truely opens when the relay is pulling ? Not only look at the long blades with the contact-points --- also look at the short studs with the solder-lug - a drop of solder there or a doghair crap of wire or one of the solder-lugs heavy bent, making faulty contact ? Greetings Rolf

#16 4 days ago

Hi Albert
I beg Your pardon - in my last post I addressed You "Alex". Greetings Rolf

#17 4 days ago

Rolf , will check this switch closer to make sure it opens.
Playing a few times learns that sometimes the game ends correctly and some times it ends with ball in shooterlane.
Can it be a timing issue??
In other words is it possible,that in between pulling the player reset and the match rel, the ball kicker fires??

#18 4 days ago

Hi Albert
it can be a timing issue --- see the JPG in post-10 - following top-down "my orange" wiring. The No-Match-Relay must pull-in, stay pulling - have its switch truely open - quite a while - the Score-Motor does run and close its switch "3". So the switch on the No-Match-Relay must be open until the running Score-Motor has closed and reopened its switch "3". (((We may have to have an closer look at Sp. R. Relay is Player-Reset-Relay , see JPG in post-12, to not cut to early the feeding current to Coil on No-Match-Relay))) Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 38.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
£ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside