Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
Bally.pdf (PDF preview)
bally copy (resized).jpg
Bally.pdf (PDF preview)
Bally (resized).jpg
Bally.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Upon startup, this Hokus Pokus is adding 500 points with each ball increment until ball 5 which adds 200 points then goes to game over. Outhole relay kicks each time as the ball count advances.
I checked the contacts on the alternating relay and they appear to be gapped properly.

Ideas?

https://flic.kr/p/23PmQgN

#3 6 years ago

Howard,

Here's the scan.

Bally.pdfBally.pdf

#4 6 years ago

Howard,

Here's the scan in jpg format.

Bally (resized).jpgBally (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Bally.pdfBally.pdf

Tried to convert to a jpg, but it wasn't as clear as the pdf.

#7 6 years ago

Just re-scanned as jpg.

bally copy (resized).jpgbally copy (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Bally.pdfBally.pdf

#9 6 years ago

The video shows what is occurring upon start up. The alternating relay, 500 & bonus advance relay, out hole relay, ball index relay, and lock relay are all energized while the scoring is taking place. Consistently it is scoring 2200 points as the video shows.

#12 5 years ago

Score motor cam switches inspected. I watched each cam switch stack operate as I rotated the assembly. All appear to be making and breaking. Also inspected the zero position bonus unit m/b switch.

#13 5 years ago

One additional thing I found is that the play field has 2 jones plugs that attach to the lower relay board. When I unplug the smaller of the two and start the machine, the score reels reset normally, ball count resets to ball 1 normally, and the score motor rests at the home position. So the re-start appears to be normal.
By unplugging the smaller plug, does this in fact isolate the problem to the play field, or could it still be lower board related?

#15 5 years ago

OK, I'll pull the lower board out again, (third time), and go through those switch stacks. All of the relay switches have been done.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Are any of these pulsing, or are they on constantly? Does the outhole kicker ever fire?

The lock relay will be on when the game is powered on so that's normal.

Those mentioned relays are locked on while the scoring is taking place. Then they release when scoring stops, and game is in game over. And yes, the outhole kicker fires as well during this process. You can hear it firing in the video.

Thanks!

#19 5 years ago

MarkG,

Looking further into this, I was able to isolate the problem to the BLK/WH going to the play field. I gapped each relay switch that had the BLK/WH going through it with a thin piece of cardboard. Still having the issue, I followed that lead to the play field and checked each roll over with an ohms meter attached. It did prove to be a roll over switch causing the short.
It was head scratcher caused by that switch.

Many thanks to all for your time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hokus-pokus-start-up-issue?tu=Playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.