• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Hi
Is there anyone out there could help me out with what should be a simple scoring problem please?

The hundreds are not incrementing the thousands reels as they pass from 9 to 0

This happens on both players so it doesn't look like a problem at the reel switches, although I did check the 9th position switch on the 1st player hundreds reel and that's OK

I can see that the thousands relay can be activated via a switch on the hundreds relay, but that checks out OK too, as does the feed to that switch from the 9th position switches on the hundreds reels

Since the wire colours inbound to the 9th position switches on 1st and 2nd player hundreds reels are different colours that would seem to suggest the problem is elsewhere (since the problem is common to both players)

Without a schematic that's where I've come to a stop - I really could do with seeing the circuit drawn as I'm not that familiar with Bally games - most of mine are Gottlieb or Williams

If there is anything obvious I've missed so far please point me in the right direction.

And if anyone could share with me the section of the schematic that covers the scoring (or the whole schematic) that would be fantastic

Many thanks
David

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Incomer:

The hundreds are not incrementing the thousands reels as they pass from 9 to 0
This happens on both players so it doesn't look like a problem at the reel switches

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires, starting with the Ball Count Unit disk and the switch on the 100 point relay
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago

thank you - that looks very helpful - I didn't realise the circuit went through the ball count unit given that there is a player relay - I'll take a look at that tomorrow

#4 3 years ago

Yes - got it.
It was the trailing arm on the ball count unit.
For some reason there is a lot of lateral movement in the spindle and the part with the wiper blades had moved out so that the arm was no longer making contact with the central disc.
The schematic extract was really helpful - I would never have looked there without it
Many thanks for your help
David

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hokus-pokus-scoring-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.