• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Not sure what everyone else is doing for New Years... I am working on this Bally!
First post, long time lurker of Pinside. Bought earlier in the year. Someone has been pestering me to get it working properly.
Problem: Scores reels do not activate/work. No sound either
Flippers/bumpers all activate and are nice and responsive. Play field lights up, bonus score lights work, and activate randomly when you roll over certain parts of play field. All good stuff.

I have full schematic and Bally's EM 1946-1976 guide book.
No idea how to read schematics(Guess I'll be learning yahoo)
If I try to manually change the score reel(Any of them) then power off the machine, then on again. It will not reset the score reel therefore not allowing
play.
Previous owner had zero insight as to history and any work done on it. He had it in his office for 22years.

Any thoughts on where to start?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from PokusHokus:

manually change the score reel(Any of them) then power off the machine, then on again. It will not reset the score reel

How far does it get in the startup sequence?

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

Looks like coin operation has been bypassed.
Main on/off switch on bottom of machine(had three wires connected before) Green is still connected.
Blue and Yellow are wired together.
When you plug the machine in, you hit the credit button on the coin op panel. and game play can start.

10 months later
#4 4 years ago

At the toggle switch, the Yellow is power into the toggle switch, Blue is power out of the switch. The switch may have failed years ago is why the previous owner bypassed it. Make sure this connection is done properly as it is 110 volts. The Green wire is the ground.

The coin operation being bypassed has to do with a switch contact in the credit unit being set to permanently making contact. Most people do this to eliminate the use of coins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hokus-pokus-no-sound-or-scoring?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.