Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hokus Pokus Double Bonus Relay (resized).jpg
IMG_20190616_194733 (resized).jpg
DB2 (resized).JPG
DB1 (resized).JPG

#1 4 years ago

Hello, I recently acquired a bally hokus pokus and am new to pinball machines and trying to work out a few kinks. The main issue that I am having is double bonus is not coming on. It was working but slowly started to not work, sporadic at first now not working at all. The solenoid appears to be good – its just not getting power. The ABCD series Relay does trip, when you get A B C D but wire (75-6) does not seam to get power. I can’t seam to figure out how this wire gets power. Maybe (43-1) or (45 -4). Any ideas?
Also what does SCM stand for?
Thank you

DB1 (resized).JPGDB1 (resized).JPGDB2 (resized).JPGDB2 (resized).JPGIMG_20190616_194733 (resized).jpgIMG_20190616_194733 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

If you manually close the double bonus relay, does it stay energized until end of ball?

Are you sure you're looking in the right place for the other end of that arrow in the first pic? Can't see the coordinates in the cropped images, and no schematics are on ipdb

#3 4 years ago

Yes, if you manually close the double Bonus solenoid it will stay energized until the end of a ball
I am a not sure at all- I am looking at the right place- I have the entire diagram but cannot attach because the image is to large

I created a link on my google drive - see below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hd1Wn2OzTa4jPy3Ch4tppreF3YqLfTIq
(might have to download then zoom in)

thank you

#4 4 years ago

I think the schematic is missing an arrow on the other end of the wire you're looking for. You should probably examine the path shown in red:
Hokus Pokus Double Bonus Relay (resized).jpgHokus Pokus Double Bonus Relay (resized).jpg
Any one of the four Score Motor switches could be dirty or not closing properly.

Note that the color decoder ring is on your schematic. It will make it easier to find wires, switches, etc. in your game.

To find the Score Motor switches on your Score Motor see:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-kings-power-free-play-and-top-hole-issue#post-4457680

/Mark

#5 4 years ago

Thank you MarkG, I thought for example "5B SCM", was in reference to the grid location on the schematic- that link is extremely helpful

#6 4 years ago

Double Bouns!!! for my machine and MarkG - the culprit was 7B SCM! Thanks Again

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 23.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hokus-pokus-double-bonus-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.