Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160428_203045_(resized).jpg
20160428_203305_(resized).jpg
20160428_203030_(resized).jpg
20160428_203014_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chrisbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

My first question, does the machine reset at the beginning of each game?

The score motor is started by one of many relays SWs, then it keeps running until it completes at least one cycle (180 degrees). Normally the SW that keeps the score motor running, in located on the top of stack on the cam nearest the motor. Red/Yellow and White wire.

If the score motor is not making it back to zero position, I would start by checking the connection on the above SW. Odd that propping one end resolves your issue.

If it all checks out electrically, then the gearbox is a good option.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from willbeEM:

I believe I found the culprit. The wire connection on the top of the motor (in plain sight of course) is a spade connector that looked fine on top but was full of crud underneath and was a bit loose. This was also the wire you mention (Normally the SW that keeps the score motor running, in located on the top of stack on the cam nearest the motor) My theory is when I lifted that end of the score motor the spade made enough contact to fully run the motor. I went ahead and thoroughly cleaned and inspected all the switch stacks and hopefully this solves this mystery.
Another example of me ignoring the KISS principle (Keep it simple stupid)
thanks again

Excellent, that what we like to here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chrisbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hi-lo-aces-score-motor-not-returning-to-zero-position?tu=Chrisbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.