Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MillieB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hey All, I’m new here and am amazed by the knowledge of so many members! I may not get all of the terminology right, but hopefully close enough to understand.

I have a 1973 Hi Lo Ace I replaced the left flipper switch inside the flipper button. I turned the game on and the flipper went up and stayed there. I adjusted the leaf switch and turned it on again, same thing. Turned the game off, made another minor adjustment, turned back on and the game went into tilt mode and won’t come out of it.

The tilt cone is in the middle, the tilt ball is not touching the end and I checked that all slam tilt switches are open/normal and don’t see anything wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated!

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from MillieB:

Any ideas would be appreciated!

I'd start where you worked and the problem started.

Wired right ? Anything shorting to metal ? Fiberboard spacers between flipper button leaf blades have any flux or metal shorting the leaf blades together ?

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from MillieB:

Any ideas would be appreciated!

You could remove the flipper switch you installed. Tape up the wires so they don't short to anything. Then turn the game on see if problem is gone or you have a new problem.

LTG : )

#4 1 year ago

Also check the tilt switch at the end of the ball channel? The wires to that switch are sometimes bundled with the flipper button wires?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Also check the tilt switch at the end of the ball channel? The wires to that switch are sometimes bundled with the flipper button wires?

Thanks L

Quoted from AndrewP:

Thanks LTG and AndrewP! I’ll try those suggestions today and reply back.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Thank you! The wires on the left are bundled with something. I’ll start there.

#7 1 year ago

I checked the wires, disconnected the flipper, etc. the left flipper is bundled with the tilt ball/switch. It still lights the tilt light as soon as the start game button is pushed.

Is there a way to reset the tilt or disable it? I’ve got everything else working, just can’t figure out what caused the tilt or how to turn it off.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hi-lo-ace-tilt-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.