(Topic ID: 304416)

Bally Hi Lo Ace gining to many credits

By southofi-10

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hi Lo Ace Special relay (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

When I roll over a lit special it just keeps popping credits. At the end of the game today it gave me 2 credits on match.
    I'm pretty sure this must be a score motor switch issue because it gives credits as long as the motor is running.
    I'm trying to figure out what is suppose to control the credits given on special.I know the special relay pulls in,but what makes it drop out after giving a credit?
    Thank you

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from southofi-10:

I know the special relay pulls in,but what makes it drop out after giving a credit?

Once the Special relay is activated by whatever happens on the playfield, it holds itself on through its own lock in switch while the Score Motor turns.
    Hi Lo Ace Special relay (resized).jpgHi Lo Ace Special relay (resized).jpg
    When the score motor 8A switch (bottom switch on the 8th cam out from the motor) opens late in the score motor cycle the Special relay should relax unless there's something else that is trying to award a special.

/Mark

#3 2 years ago

wondering why I got a double match on a single player machine as well as credits keep popping.
    I actually turned machine of to keep credit wheel from maxing out.
    I'll be getting into deep this week.Guess it's a score motor contact.
    Thanks

1 week later
    #4 2 years ago

After I roll over a special,the score motor keeps running and giving me credits.
    Not sure why the motor continues to run,and what starts and stops it other than the special relay.
    And if thats the case,why isn't it dropping out after 1st credit.
    Going to dig deeper......

#5 2 years ago

I think if you held the Special rollover down with your finger you'd get the same behavior. It still sounds like the Special relay isn't relaxing at the end of the first score motor cycle. If you block the Special relay switch in the schematic above with a piece of paper, does the problem go away?

#6 2 years ago

I went to the special relay and adjusted the contacts closer. It's working now. I'm guessing one of the contatcs wasn't touching even though it looked like it. It was in the very back of the machine.Was hard to get a straight on look at it.
    Thank s for the replies

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hi-lo-ace-gining-to-many-credits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.