• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5430860A-A54F-4323-B411-AD3FD7E7F895 (resized).jpeg
F61A4DB7-2CEB-4C99-BE45-998D4A79BDB6 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I’m just working on in restoring a Bally hi deal. I notice that it has no chime/bell unit. I also can’t find mention of it in the schematic. However the schematic does show a chime plug. Were chimes optional?
We’re they not fitted with one? I’ve seen a video of someone playing one which had chimes. Were they added later?

#2 3 years ago

Just a thought...look where the chimes usually are in a cabinet. Do you see empty screw holes?

#3 3 years ago

This Hi-Deal on IPDB has a chime unit at the bottom right of the picture
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1157&picno=17518&zoom=1

#4 3 years ago

Ok so here’s that corner on mine. There are 2 bolts which look like they could be the mounts for it but no real marks to suggest anything was mounted there. (Ignore the horrible plunger - not got to that yet!) The fact it’s not included in the schematic apart from showing a connector for the chime unit makes me wonder if it was optional?

So next question. Which is the plug for it? None of mine are marked and I can’t find a spare four connector plug. Anyone one know which it is?

5430860A-A54F-4323-B411-AD3FD7E7F895 (resized).jpeg5430860A-A54F-4323-B411-AD3FD7E7F895 (resized).jpegF61A4DB7-2CEB-4C99-BE45-998D4A79BDB6 (resized).jpegF61A4DB7-2CEB-4C99-BE45-998D4A79BDB6 (resized).jpeg
#5 3 years ago

Also although the schematic does reference the chime plug I can’t see it on the actual schematic? Where does it connect?

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1157/Bally_1975_Hi_Deal_Schematic_Diagrams_paginated.pdf

#6 3 years ago

A quick update. I’ve found it in the schematic! On my paper copy someone has added ticks to each solenoid for some reason. Maybe suggests they did something to it. Either way I can’t find the Jones socket for it. Where is it normally located?

#7 3 years ago

This game was always supplied with a chime unit from the factory. The chime unit for your game has been removed.

The socket for connecting the chime unit is located under the total play meter, so it is easy to miss, but from your pics I can see that it is present on your machine.

- TimMe

#8 3 years ago

Ah thanks... hiding!

That’s great. Will think about what I can do by means of a replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hi-deal-chimes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.