Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Cherries_Jubilee
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 187 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dscf3558 (resized).jpg
Dscf3557 (resized).jpg
Dscf3554 (resized).jpg
Dscf3555 (resized).jpg
Dscf3556 (resized).jpg
Dscf3548 (resized).jpg
Dscf3551 (resized).jpg
Dscf3553 (resized).jpg
Dscf3542 (resized).jpg
Dscf3541 (resized).jpg
Dscf3539 (resized).jpg
Dscf3538 (resized).jpg
Dscf3536 (resized).jpg
Dscf3537 (resized).jpg
Dscf3534 (resized).jpg
Dscf3533 (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 days ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

When I had my house built I had the large third garage insulated and I have a mini split heat/air unit In there so I am good to go all year. I plan on building a shop with a dedicated paint area sometime this year but this works well for now.

Ohhhh...that would be so nice to have.

#52 9 days ago

Sanded the cabinet today after the first round of filler.
Dscf3498 (resized).jpgDscf3499 (resized).jpgDscf3500 (resized).jpg

Next, I applied Bondo to the areas that were sanded and to the leg areas where the legs marked the cabinet.
Dscf3501 (resized).jpgDscf3502 (resized).jpgDscf3503 (resized).jpg

The sanded these areas and feathered it in so the final surface is smooth.
Dscf3507 (resized).jpgDscf3508 (resized).jpgDscf3509 (resized).jpg

Will probably Bondo the Backbox corner one more time since I sanded a little too much off this time.

#53 9 days ago

I rebuilt the Drop target mechanisms and they are ready to install.
Dscf3506 (resized).jpg

Now to the playfield. I started working on the black rings around the inserts.
Here is a typical example of the damaged ring on the "S" insert.
Dscf3510 (resized).jpg

New ring applied.
Dscf3511 (resized).jpg

Then I started on the lower part of the playfield. Here you can see the Extra Ball, Ride Forever and the 2X inserts have been done.
Dscf3516 (resized).jpg

I got everything from the BIKE inserts down done along with the USA inserts at the top. Had enough for one day.
Dscf3517 (resized).jpgDscf3520 (resized).jpg

#54 8 days ago

Sanded the cabinet for the final time. Originally the underside of the cabinet and backbox were not painted. I painted it black for a more finished look and I want the bottom finished before I start spraying it.
Dscf3522 (resized).jpgDscf3523 (resized).jpgDscf3524 (resized).jpgDscf3525 (resized).jpg

Found a couple of specks in a couple of inserts. Probably a crack that trapped sanding residue. No bid deal. Take an Xacto blade and scrape it out and drop clear on the area. I could have just waited until the next spray but I would rather drop it now and sand and put the insert ring on so the entire playfield is at the same stage when I clear the next time.
Dscf3526 (resized).jpgDscf3527 (resized).jpg

#55 7 days ago

Sanded those drops of clear on the inserts and put the rings on.
Dscf3528 (resized).jpg

3 of the 5 big "X" inserts had scratches on them that would let light shine through.
Here are the 2X and 4X to show what I mean.
Dscf3529 (resized).jpgDscf3533 (resized).jpg

I just couldn't let that go so I cut some new insert text for those as the BIKE inserts that I will show in a bit. I already cut the 2X out when I thought about taking a picture. lol
Dscf3535 (resized).jpg

Here are the 2X and 4X fixed.
Dscf3531 (resized).jpgDscf3534 (resized).jpg

I had to do all of them so they looked identical. All done.
Dscf3537 (resized).jpg

The BIKE inserts had some scratching too. The B and I were fine but the K and E were ugly. This is probably worse than it would be in a game because its a super bright flashlight but I still have to fix it.
Dscf3536 (resized).jpg

Fixed
Dscf3538 (resized).jpg
Dscf3539 (resized).jpg

Painted the inside of the cabinet today. I hate unpainted vent holes. These were painted but not very well so I always paint them before I paint the main area.
Dscf3541 (resized).jpg

Its a little to hard to spray the inside of the cabinet so I brush and roll the inside with gloss enamel paint that will stand up pretty well to wear. Pretty happy with the finish on this cabinet as the wood was in really good shape.
Dscf3542 (resized).jpg

#56 5 days ago

Cleared the playfield today. Really happy with how it came out. There are slightly raised areas where the vinyl rings and text are. That will be sanded flat. I might be able to do that without sanding all the way through or I might have to spray again for a final coat.
Dscf3548 (resized).jpgDscf3553 (resized).jpgDscf3551 (resized).jpg

#57 2 days ago

The following picture shows the raised areas over the vinyl that was placed around the inserts.
Dscf3554 (resized).jpg

I very carefully block sand all the inserts to try and get them level with the rest of the playfield. Sometimes you can do this in one sanding and sometimes you have to clear and sand a second time. I was able to get them virtually flat in the first sanding.
Dscf3555 (resized).jpgDscf3556 (resized).jpg

In the following pictures you can see that on some inserts I was just getting to the vinyl so it worked out pretty well. The discoloration you see on the insert rings is the overhead light reflecting different on the vinyl vs the clear. When I clear again it will be a solid rich black outline.
Dscf3557 (resized).jpgDscf3558 (resized).jpg

I might be able to shoot the final clear tomorrow if my schedule works out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 28.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00
$ 92.00
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside