Glued the piece of wood that came off the cabinet back on. I would rather have the wood on there and then just fill the edges than fill the entire area. Used a lot of glue to attach it well. Use wax paper so nothing sticks. A wise man once told me (my dad), that you can never have too many clamps. He was right.
Dscf3214 (resized).jpgDscf3215 (resized).jpg
Also fixed the front corner that had the outer layer pulled up.
Dscf3216 (resized).jpgDscf3217 (resized).jpg
Coin door tore down and ready for powder.
Started working on the back panel
You can see that the plastic is warped a little. It seems that every machine I do has this issue.
The panel was in great shape except there was a little white mark on the top. It is just above where the plastic is so I will fix it.
Dscf3230 (resized).jpgDscf3231 (resized).jpg
Here is the warped plastic.Dscf3232 (resized).jpg
The way I normally flatten plastics is with a heat gut and two clean sheets of glass. Old playfield glass works great for this purpose. I lay a sheet down and clean it. Then I lay the plastic on it and heat it with a heat gun. Normally the plastic will raise and curl a little and then start to lay down. once it starts to lay down, then I place the other sheet of glass on to flatten it out and let it sit until its full cooled off. Because of the size of the plastic, its a little more difficult to do because you can only do one section at a time.
Nice and flat.
The drain kickers are hard wired so I cut the wire.
Cleaned it up and replaced the coil sleeve and added a plug.
Normally I just replace the star posts on my restoration, but since this was HUO and they cleaned up so nice, I will just use these.
The left outlane lane guide looked nice with just a little bit of ball trail marks. Not nearly as bad as a normal game of this age.
I wet sanded the guide.
Made some headway on the playfield. Cleaning and preparing the parts for installation makes the teardown go much slower but should make assembly a lot faster and easier.