(Topic ID: 217954)

Bally Harley Davidson, couple of issues.

By AntennaMan

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by AntennaMan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Picked up a Bally Harley Davidson today. Plays well, except the ball often doesn't kick out into the shooter lane. The solenoid sounds strong, but I can see the ball sometimes just barely launch, then sometimes hang on the edge or sometimes get into the shooter lane. 2nd issue is with the 2 displays. The left one is missing the upper right segment on all dozen(?) characters and the left display is missing the top segment on all characters. Reseated cables and switched cables between left & right displays. Any ideas. Thanks.

#2 1 year ago

Have you taken the thing apart that kicks the ball into play and given a thorough cleaning and checked the coil sleeve for wear ?

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Sleeve looks good & moves freely, everything else is clean. What I did was take out 2 of the 3 balls and now it works as it should. Replace the missing balls and it goes back to not loading.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

What I did was take out 2 of the 3 balls and now it works as it should.

According to the manual, how many balls should be in your game ?

#5 1 year ago

3, but it'll function with 1 or 2 also. Seems as the extra weight of the 2 other balls pressing on the one ready to be launched is enough to hold the up kicker from loading it into the shooter lane. Weak solenoid???

#6 1 year ago

Looking at the underside playfield picture on the IPDB, the ball trough doesn't seem anything special. I'd concentrate on the arm that kicks the ball into play. Worn, bent, not hitting the center of the ball or maybe a glancing blow.

That type of trough should have any trouble be it 1, 2, 3, balls in it.

#7 1 year ago

Okay, I've got all the balls launching. Any feedback on the display? It's the exact same segment out on every character. Same problem on both displays, just different segments on each of the 2 displays.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 399.95
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 279.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside