Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D75EB92E-FD29-4449-85F8-B18A59C31E06 (resized).jpeg
33825272-55A1-4224-A855-0F4B8C4F873D (resized).jpeg

#1 29 days ago

Does anyone know how the Harlem Globetrotters ball save gate/outlane detour assembly is supposed to work, or know why mine doesn’t spring back properly?

This is the same unit also found on Mr and Mrs Pac Man, like this one:
ebay.com link

My unit doesn’t move freely, and doesn’t spring back. I can see how when the coil is powered, the plate moves towards the coil and moves the gate, but mine won’t travel back to the starting position, and I don’t know if it’s an old spring, something needs lubricating, the dummy leaf switch has lost its tension, or the unit isn’t assembled correctly.

It’s also backwards to how I think it should work. Seems like most of the time the coil should be off and the gate open causing the ball to drain, and when you earn a rebound, the coil activated and pulls the gate closed, saving the ball. However my unit is opposite, coil active = gate open, and seems like the coil would be locked in for most of the time. Anyone know how it’s supposed to work, and what I can do to get it to spring back to original position smoothly?

33825272-55A1-4224-A855-0F4B8C4F873D (resized).jpegD75EB92E-FD29-4449-85F8-B18A59C31E06 (resized).jpeg
#2 29 days ago

I have a similar setup on my Supersonic. Ball save = coil activated.

Mine was really dirty, everything was dirty. I disassembled everything, cleaned it all and the action improved.

#3 28 days ago

Key word to your question is 'spring'. The coil reset spring should provide the spring action to move the relay and gate back to the unpowered position.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside