• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pinslot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Dear Pinheads,

I'm a 51-year old Mancunian pinhead who emigrated to Germany in 1989 and rediscovered pinball about 15 years ago thx to the internet.

I lent my Harlem Globetrotters to a friend ten years ago, where it broke down after a couple of years. Last year his wife asked him to "get that junk out of the cellar" so it's in my cellar and I'm trying to fix it. I suck at this, so I got a professional to re-do all the boards. Then I re-crimped a very toasty connector (the 8 pin one) on the rectifier board.

It now boots up, kicks out the ball, displays and lights work fine and it scores, BUT both saucers don't work during the game. The ball return launches the ball at game start on ball one, but not when that ball drains. I looked under the playfield during game start up and all saucers fire. They also work in the solenoid test mode. I tugged all the wires on the solenoids, so it's not that.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance.

Stefan

#2 7 years ago

In switch test or gameplay, do the associated saucer switches register?

#3 7 years ago

And all fuses are good including the one under the playfield.

#4 7 years ago

No, the switches don't register in game play. I'll try the switches in test mode tomorrow.

#5 7 years ago

Assuming the diode or capacitor at the switch is good, test continuity from the the switch wire at the switch itself to the specific trifurcon pin in the mpu felmale connector. You may have a broken wire.

#6 7 years ago

OK, that will be the next thing i try. Thx.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Assuming the diode or capacitor at the switch is good, test continuity from the the switch wire at the switch itself to the specific trifurcon pin in the mpu felmale connector. You may have a broken wire.

It should not be a Trifurcon connector on the MPU.

#8 7 years ago

Check the orange wires that are daisy chained from switch to switch and make sure they haven't broken off at the switch. You'll also need to check the left pop bumper and the slam tilt on the coin door since they're all in the same row in the switch matrix.

#9 7 years ago

So, it was the top left-hand connector on the MPU board. After flexing it a bit the saucers and ball return started working, but the right-hand bumper stopped working. (I'm not a 100% sure it was working before, so that could be another issue). I've ordered the parts and will re-crimp that connector.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

stefan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 22.50
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-harlem-globetrotters-ball-return-and-both-saucers-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.